Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Except they don't even try for that, since they've sold those positions for cheap.

Well, given that they have no power forwards at all on the roster, someone has to play the 4, even if they suck at it.

What? Green, Parker & Portis are power forwards...

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

What? Green, Parker & Portis are power forwards...

I'm confused then ... how would trading for Johnson really have changed the situation for Brown when the Wizards already had Ariza, Dekker, Green (sorry, listed on ESPN as a SF; that's where I took it from (they hadn't included Parker and Portis when I looked at the time)), and Robinson on the roster? He was only averaging 7.2 minutes before hand.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

I'm confused then ... how would trading for Johnson really have changed the situation for Brown when the Wizards already had Ariza, Dekker, Green (sorry, listed on ESPN as a SF; that's where I took it from (they hadn't included Parker and Portis when I looked at the time)), and Robinson on the roster? He was only averaging 7.2 minutes before hand.

Because, if you don’t trade for Wesley Johnson, that means that Brown could get more run. 

Dekker has been playing more of a stretch 4 coming off the bench w/ Porter as back up SF, they were kind of interchangeable at the reserve forward positions.

Dekker is also listed as a SF, but both he and Green are 6’9, 230, in todays NBA that's more a stretch 4 rather than a SF.

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because, if you don’t trade for Wesley Johnson, that means that Brown could get more run. 

Dekker has been playing more of a stretch 4 coming off the bench w/ Porter as back up SF, they were kind of interchangeable at the reserve forward positions.

Dekker is also listed as a SF, but both he and Green are 6’9, 230, in todays NBA that's more a stretch 4 rather than a SF.

Then it should more be the trade of Porter for Parker and Portis that should have you concerned for Brown's playing time as those two new guys will take up the 4 share, no? This meaning that Green and Dekker get the 3 vacated by Porter leaving, right?

Also, if the guy most know for having his soul ripped out on national television by James Harden cuts into Brown's 7 minutes per game, that doesn't raise concerns in your mind regarding Brown?

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Then it should more be the trade of Porter for Parker and Portis that should have you concerned for Brown's playing time as those two new guys will take up the 4 share, no? This meaning that Green and Dekker get the 3 vacated by Porter leaving, right?

Also, if the guy most know for having his soul ripped out on national television by James Harden cuts into Brown's 7 minutes per game, that doesn't raise concerns in your mind regarding Brown?

I think Portis will play a lot of center, Green & Parker will play most of the minutes at PF. W/o the trade for Johnson then there be more minutes for Brown.

Now, Brown is buried again, unless he plays some SG behind Beal but Beal has been playing almost the entire game - every game - since Wall went out.

9 hours ago, Woz said:

Woz! They added another SF. They traded away an injured PF who isn't even playing for a SF. That's it, period. 

And, you clearly don't watch the Wizards, you've admitted this and it's  been evident since you've started commenting on them when they first started getting good 5 years ago.

Dekker has played well since we traded for him, if you watched the Wizards, you’d know that. I have no idea what Harden said about him 3 or so years ago, it's irrelevant to today.

Brown is a raw rookie, he's 19. I have no concerns that he's not developed. Again, if you watched the Wizards, you’d probably be pleased with the versatility of Troy Brown’s game; all he has to improve upon is his 3-point shot. I want to see him get more playing time bc I want him to get more time to develop more. Every wizards fan wants them to think about the future now and get a lottery pick, not try to make the playoffs. At best the Wizards are an 8 seed & a one and done playoff series team. 

There's no point in making the playoffs, might as well play guys like Troy Brown over the older vets bc he's the future, they aren't.

So, the latest news is that the Lakers wanted Trevor Ariza, but the Wizards wouldn't trade him? What? Why?

Lebron wants to play with vets like him and Green, especially in the playoffs bc he can trust them. The Wizards should want some young players - which the Lakers have plenty of - in return.

The idea makes too much sense, but Ernie/Ted still trying to make the playoffs which is stupid!

My trade proposal:

Lakers get: Ariza

Wizards get: Caldwell-Pope

The NBA trade machine said that Ariza can’t be traded with another player. So, Green would have to be moved in another trade to the Lakers. But, I hope if we would trade him to the Lakers that we could get Josh Hart back in return. We aren't going to be able to get more than that for Green.  Hart is a promising young combo guard that we could use in the future off the bench along with some of the guys we have now like Randle & McRae.

This makes too much sense though, and Ernie didn't do it.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Came back to a blow up of posts.

Otto was the casualty, which is just fine. Wall is untradebale. They want to build around Beal, even though he'll probably walk in two years if not demand a trade sooner.

They needed cap room to re-sign guys like Sato and Bryant... plus some wiggle to keep a guy like Portis who will ask for too much.

So next year will look somewhat like this year...

- No Wall - possibly the worst contract in sports at this point

- Beal being overused and probably become really frustrated at some point

- Aging vets in Green and Ariza, the latter being on the decline

All the Wiz did was remove Otto to create cap space to remain a fence-sitter. That's it. That's the plan.

This team is royally screwed for the next FIVE years. But I've been saying that since that contract was signed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

So, the latest news is that the Lakers wanted Trevor Ariza, but the Wizards wouldn't trade him? What? Why?

Lebron wants to play with vets like him and Green, especially in the playoffs bc he can trust them. The Wizards should want some young players - which the Lakers have plenty of - in return.

The idea makes too much sense, but Ernie/Ted still trying to make the playoffs which is stupid!

My trade proposal:

Lakers get: Ariza

Wizards get: Caldwell-Pope

The NBA trade machine said that Ariza can’t be traded with another player. So, Green would have to be moved in another trade to the Lakers. But, I hope if we would trade him to the Lakers that we could get Josh Hart back in return. We aren't going to be able to get more than that for Green.  Hart is a promising young combo guard that we could use in the future off the bench along with some of the guys we have now like Randle & McRae.

This makes too much sense though, and Ernie didn't do it.

And now Ariza can walk for nothing after the year. Which means we got NOTHING back for Oubre. Which means we wasted, what, the 15th pick?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Brown is a raw rookie, he's 19. I have no concerns that he's not developed. Again, if you watched the Wizards, you’d probably be pleased with the versatility of Troy Brown’s game; all he has to improve upon is his 3-point shot. I want to see him get more playing time bc I want him to get more time to develop more. Every wizards fan wants them to think about the future now and get a lottery pick, not try to make the playoffs. At best the Wizards are an 8 seed & a one and done playoff series team. 

There's no point in making the playoffs, might as well play guys like Troy Brown over the older vets bc he's the future, they aren't.

Now that Otto is gone, Brown is my guy. They're similar players. Brown appears to be more aggressive. And, yes, folks should simmer on the criticism... he's incredibly young.