Josh Allen

buckeyesNut0623

If the Brown's draft Josh Allen, I will give Dorsey the benefit of the doubt until he starts. If he busts, I'm done after 38 years of rooting for the Browns. I can justify any other QB in this class (even Mayfield who I can't stand, I totally get why people want him, I'm just not one of them but I could live with it) except the 1 QB (in consideration at #1, I'm not sure of the later round guys)who never beat a power 5 conference opponent (in fact I'm pretty sure he had 8 interceptions to 1 TD so how is this guy even an option when Dorsey says he wants winners?). I hope to God this is the smokescreen to end all smokescreens but I don't get the point considering we have the #1 pick. I get the upside with him, I really do but he also has the lowest floor maybe of any QB in this draft. I like Dorsey but if he picks Allen, I will lose a lot of that for sure and if he busts I think that might be unforgivable considering the 1000 red flags that Allen raises. Just my humble opinion. I think I'm getting a mini panic attack from all this Allen noise. Alright tear my post apart bruceb lol

I don't buy the Allen hype one bit. There's plenty of reasons why Dorsey COULD view smokescreens as valuable at #1. Among many:

1. Having the 4th pick factors in here. If you can disrupt other teams' gameplans before you pick, then you do it. If NYG wants Darnold and you give them hope for that becoming a reality, they won't trade the pick. It leaves the potential for trading out of four if the right offer presents itself.

2. Finding a leak amongst the front office or coaches - letting info out to a certain few and seeing if the gossip spreads across the nation

As we already know, Dorsey is a "master of the QB smokescreen," and there is ZERO reason to believe an organizational change for John would prevent that from continuing.

7 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I don't buy the Allen hype one bit. There's plenty of reasons why COULD Dorsey view smokescreens as valuable at #1. Among many:

1. Having the 4th pick factors in here. If you can disrupt other teams' gameplans before you pick, then you do it. If NYG wants Darnold and you give them hope for that becoming a reality, they won't trade the pick. It leaves the potential for trading out of four if the right offer presents itself.

2. Finding a leak amongst the front office or coaches - letting info out to a certain few and seeing if the gossip spreads across the nation

As we already know, Dorsey is a "master of the QB smokescreen," and there is ZERO reason to believe an organizational change for John would prevent that from continuing.

This. And don’t forget the NFLs desire for intrigue leading up to the draft. They thrive on this draft talk to keep them viable for all year. This reminds me of last year when everyone was still scared up until we picked Garrett. Or even the Luck RG3 draft when everyone wasn’t sure Luck was the pick. Well everyone that listen to the media, no offense ?

21 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I don't buy the Allen hype one bit. There's plenty of reasons why Dorsey COULD view smokescreens as valuable at #1. Among many:

I didn't really think about the fact he's new and could be finding "leaks" in the organization. That's a pretty good point and I hope to God it's a valid one. Some great points guys, I'm officially stepping away from the ledge lol. 

Just now, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I didn't really think about the fact he's new and could be finding "leaks" in the organization. That's a pretty good point and I hope to God it's a valid one. Some great points guys, I'm officially stepping away from the ledge lol. 

Yeah man, it's so easy to buy into the hype. This month has truly been a rollercoaster. They don't call it "Silly Season" for nothin. Essentially: Trust no one.

If the pick at 1 is anyone other then Darnold,Mayfield, or Rosen I’ll be pissed. Allen isn’t even deserving to be in the top 10 let alone top 3-5. This is the NFL over hyping a player due to position. It’s dumb and I want no part of it. Hard pass on Allen. I won’t even give them the benefit of the doubt. Allen deserve to be somewhere but not here. Maybe he can replace that machine that launches T-shirt’s into the upper deck of Cavs games. Idc. Just not at QB. I rather go get Barkley and Chubb at 4 then take Allen. 

We’ve already drafted Sam Darnold

your not gonna have a billionaire sit on bleachers in the rain while talking to the parents of the number 1 pick and not take him

we’ve already drafted Darnold 

we went 0-16 last year 

the curse has lifted 

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

you're not gonna have a billionaire sit on bleachers in the rain while talking to the parents of the number 1 pick and not take him

fify

This is one thing that gives me hope that we will do the right thing.

The other is that Dorsey used the word "really" in the same sentence twice in describing Sam's pro-day: "I mean it really was a really good workout,"  (Emphasis added)

I think that might be as close as we get to hearing Dorsey giddy.

14 hours ago, brownie man said:

We’ve already drafted Sam Darnold

your not gonna have a billionaire sit on bleachers in the rain while talking to the parents of the number 1 pick and not take him

we’ve already drafted Darnold 

we went 0-16 last year 

the curse has lifted 

Actually he did the same thing with Allen's parents too. Just saying 

19 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

If the pick at 1 is anyone other then Darnold,Mayfield, or Rosen I’ll be pissed. Allen isn’t even deserving to be in the top 10 let alone top 3-5. This is the NFL over hyping a player due to position. It’s dumb and I want no part of it. Hard pass on Allen. I won’t even give them the benefit of the doubt. Allen deserve to be somewhere but not here. Maybe he can replace that machine that launches T-shirt’s into the upper deck of Cavs games. Idc. Just not at QB. I rather go get Barkley and Chubb at 4 then take Allen. 

This is pretty much the way I feel. I'm not super high on Darnold because his turnovers really scare me, but I am can see why other like him, and would ultimately be reasonably happy with the pick. I was very high on Rosen, but his injury issues are pretty worrisome (in particular the concussions), but again I would be reasonably happy with the pick. Mayfield is my hope for the pick due to his accuracy, arm strength, leadership, football IQ, and history of overcoming large odds (i.e. walking on at two programs and becoming the team leader). Allen is way too risky. Sure he is big with a very strong arm. However, he lacks accuracy, he didn't seem to make the players around him better, there are concerns of his ability to make adjustments at the line of scrimmage and subsequently execute them despite his high intelligence, he has a history of injury to his throwing shoulder, and he lacks experience. All of that seems like a recipe for at least a three year project before he is ready to make his first start. If we intend to draft Josh Allen, we better sign Tyrod Taylor to a three year contract, because I think Allen will take some patience. I'm not saying Allen can't be a great QB because he can, but the odds are not in his favor. Ernie Accorsi suggested that if you are drafting a QB in the top 5 you have to be sure the guy is going to be a Hall of Fame candidate. Allen seems a far way from that level of performance. On the other hand, I could see Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield in this realm if things go their way and they avoid injuries. Sure, each has some issues to correct and some obstacles to overcome, but nowhere near as many as Allen.

Archived