Are the four best teams in the NFC?

patriotsheatyan

I really think so. Had the Patriots not given up over 500 yards in the Super Bowl, I'd have said they were one of the top four teams. The Eagles beat them, they've lost pieces, the other NFC top teams have added pieces. So yes.

15 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

As long as Brady and BB are in New England, they always have a case as a top 4 team.

I think this is true, but as ironic as it sounds, I need them to prove it to me. Yes they were a good team last year, but they also played in the AFC, a terrible conference. They're just the tallest midget. 

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think this is true, but as ironic as it sounds, I need them to prove it to me. Yes they were a good team last year, but they also played in the AFC, a terrible conference. They're just the tallest midget. 

They also put a whooping on one of the 'top 4' from the original post.

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

They also put a whooping on one of the 'top 4' from the original post.

And they've become a far better team since then. The Patriots have got worse. They had a lot of Rookie's develop into much better players over the course of the season and grew together. The Patriots defense isn't good and they've lost pieces. Who even knows if Gronk will be back.

Just now, Danger said:

And they've become a far better team since then. The Patriots have got worse.

Patriots just lost the Super Bowl putting up the most points ever for a losing team. Saints lost in the Divisional to a team that got beat 38-7 by the team the Pats put up 33 points on.

See what I mean? We can all make subjective claims to 'getting better' or 'getting worse'. We can also apply the football math like I did above.

All I know is objectively, the Patriots are consistently more successful than all teams in the league, primarily because of Brady. As long as they have him, they are in the Top 4 until they prove otherwise.

Archived