Are the four best teams in the NFC?

patriotsheatyan

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

Patriots just lost the Super Bowl putting up the most points ever for a losing team. Saints lost in the Divisional to a team that got beat 38-7 by the team the Pats put up 33 points on.

See what I mean? We can all make subjective claims to 'getting better' or 'getting worse'. We can also apply the football math like I did above.

All I know is objectively, the Patriots are consistently more successful than all teams in the league, primarily because of Brady. As long as they have him, they are in the Top 4 until they prove otherwise.

On a fluke miracle play, the Vikings were playing at home, and then on the road. The Eagles won that Super Bowl and have usually had the Vikings number.

The Patriots defense IS atrocious, no matter how you slice it and they've lost their best offensive lineman, and Wide Receiver, also Amendola. I know Brady will keep the offense rolling, but it's not going to be quite as easy. They are not top 4 in my eyes. When you have a bottom 5 defense in the league, you have something to prove.

Brady vs AFC: 76.73% win percentage

Brady vs NFC: 75.76% win percentage

That's over the entirety of his career I presume, which means diddily right now. In the NFC he beat the Saints when they were still finding themselves, the Bucs, and the Falcons who had a moronic offensive coordinator. 

Just now, Danger said:

That's over the entirety of his career I presume, which means diddily right now. In the NFC he beat the Saints when they were still finding themselves, the Bucs, and the Falcons who had a moronic offensive coordinator. 

You make Brady sound so fortunate to win every game, lol. He's the best QB ever to play. Until he falls off, I'm going to err on the side of caution and assume the Patriots will be one of the Top 4 teams in the league. Especially as they are in the Super Bowl every other year.

Just now, Pugger said:

Why are we discussing NE is an NFC thread?

Probably because the thread is asking the question of whether the four best teams in football are all found in the NFC. And the Patriots are probably the consensus choice to dispute the question. It's not an NFC thread, it's a football thread.

You make Brady sound so fortunate to win every game, lol. He's the best QB ever to play. Until he falls off, I'm going to err on the side of caution and assume the Patriots will be one of the Top 4 teams in the league. Especially as they are in the Super Bowl every other year.

That's the thing though, I don't believe Brady can 1 man army his way to being a top 4 team. At least in previous seasons he had Belichik with an adequate defense to help him. His offensive supporting cast now is Edelman and Gronk who might not be there. Hogan will fill the spot Amendola had, I don't doubt that. 

But to be a top team in this league you need to be good in the trenches, and generally have a passable defense, the Patriots have neither.

Probably because the thread is asking the question of whether the four best teams in football are all found in the NFC. And the Patriots are probably the consensus choice to dispute the question. It's not an NFC thread, it's a football thread.

OIC.  I thought the OP was asking who are the top NFC teams.  My old eyes trick me at times.  ;)

Just now, Pugger said:

Why are we discussing NE is an NFC thread?

Yup, there's no other team in the AFC that at this point makes a good case for being Top 4. "Steelers" "Jaguars"

I personally think that the Steelers are going to miss Todd Haley a lot, despite what Steelers fans think. Jaguars still have Blake Bortles as their QB, and have to face a tougher schedule this year than last year. 

Just now, Danger said:

That's the thing though, I don't believe Brady can 1 man army his way to being a top 4 team. At least in previous seasons he had Belichik with an adequate defense to help him. His offensive supporting cast now is Edelman and Gronk who might not be there. Hogan will fill the spot Amendola had, I don't doubt that. 

But to be a top team in this league you need to be good in the trenches, and generally have a passable defense, the Patriots have neither.

I understand your points and reservations. But the Patriots, in all honesty, haven't had stellar trench play for a while. Last season was also a fraudulent defensive effort all the way through. I watched every game and it was quite apparent to me at least that this team and barely average roster (probably below average like you say) was being carried by Brady.

The thing is, he is so good that even if you put him on a below average Pats roster, they probably still become one of the Top 4 teams in the league. In my opinion, anyway.

We will have to see this season!

Patriots are more certainly one of the top four teams. All this stuff about them just taking advantage of the weaker conference is laughable. They go toe to toe with anyone and damn near almost won the SB. I think they are a pick-em with any of the teams mentioned, minus maybe the Eagles. 

But they will definitely need to hit on some rookies. Lost some talent that may not be easy to replace. 

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I mean no disrespect to Brady, but Brady is the only thing that team has going for them right now. And Gronk if he comes back.

?????

Not true. And also, if you've got one thing going for your team, Tom Brady is a really good one thing to have.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

On a fluke miracle play, the Vikings were playing at home, and then on the road. The Eagles won that Super Bowl and have usually had the Vikings number.

The Patriots defense IS atrocious, no matter how you slice it and they've lost their best offensive lineman, and Wide Receiver, also Amendola. I know Brady will keep the offense rolling, but it's not going to be quite as easy. They are not top 4 in my eyes. When you have a bottom 5 defense in the league, you have something to prove.

It wasn't a fluke play. It was a good play where the Saints defender didn't know tackling 101.

Archived