Are the four best teams in the NFC?

patriotsheatyan

9 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Not to mention we were 2-0 against the Saints yet people want to say that Saints > Vikings last year. Lulz

I agree. Saints weren’t even better than the Rams last season. They came into LA on an 8 game win streak and the Rams just came off their worst loss of the season and the Rams beat the Saints. People will use the Saints not having their starting corners as an excuse but it’s not. The Saints offense wasn’t good that game. Outside of Kamara long td run and a late garbage td to give the Saints a glimmer of hope, the Saints offense did nothing. Thats with the Rams gifting Brees with like 2 or 3 dropped interceptions. He going to get away with that this season with Peters and Talib. They won’t drop those interceptions. 

So yeah I understand the Saints had a very good season last year and have Brees but they didn’t beat the Vikings, they didn’t beat the Rams, they didn’t beat the Patriots. Those three teams were among the top 3 seeds in their respective conferences. So the very best that the NFL had to offer last season the Saints were (0-4).

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree. Saints weren’t even better than the Rams last season. They came into LA on an 8 game win streak and the Rams just came off their worst loss of the season and the Rams beat the Saints. People will use the Saints not having their starting corners as an excuse but it’s not. The Saints offense wasn’t good that game. Outside of Kamara long td run and a late garbage td to give the Saints a glimmer of hope, the Saints offense did nothing. Thats with the Rams gifting Brees with like 2 or 3 dropped interceptions. He going to get away with that this season with Peters and Talib. They won’t drop those interceptions. 

So yeah I understand the Saints had a very good season last year and have Brees but they didn’t beat the Vikings, they didn’t beat the Rams, they didn’t beat the Patriots. Those three teams were among the top 3 seeds in their respective conferences. So the very best that the NFL had to offer last season the Saints were (0-4).

That Rams game was probably the worst game the Saints played all season.  It wasn't indicative of how good the team is.  They may or may not be better than Rams, Vikings, or anyone else, but truth is, they were a miracle play away from the NFCCG.  

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

That Rams game was probably the worst game the Saints played all season.  It wasn't indicative of how good the team is.  They may or may not be better than Rams, Vikings, or anyone else, but truth is, they were a miracle play away from the NFCCG.  

That’s what makes the NFC wide open. I don’t think the Saints are a bad team I’m just pointing out how many think the Saints are better than the Vikings and Rams but they lost to both last season. This season they could beat both teams who knows. But as for last season when they went head to head that wasn’t the case. That’s all I was pointing out.

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

That’s what makes the NFC wide open. I don’t think the Saints are a bad team I’m just pointing out how many think the Saints are better than the Vikings and Rams but they lost to both last season. This season they could beat both teams who knows. But as for last season when they went head to head that wasn’t the case. That’s all I was pointing out.

That's accurate, but remember also that all three games(the two Vikes and one Rams) were road games for the Saints. The Saints also beat the Panthers soundly three times last year, who beat the Patriots and the Vikes.

All three teams have legitimate arguments is all I'm saying, the Saints no less so than Rams or Vikes.  People claiming Saints are clearly better than either are wrong and people claiming the opposite are wrong.  They're evenly matched IMO.  Actually,  I feel like a lot of NFC teams are pretty evenly matched and it's going to be a tough conference.  The Eagles being the only team that has a convincing argument for being better than the rest. 

On 4/19/2018 at 11:06 AM, jarren said:

I think the Rams, Eagles and Vikings are all on paper better than us. But we definetly have an argument for the #4 spot imo. 

Here to figuring out who gets it between us this year. And hopefully better refs, and no injured kamaras.

9 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

That's accurate, but remember also that all three games(the two Vikes and one Rams) were road games for the Saints. The Saints also beat the Panthers soundly three times last year, who beat the Patriots and the Vikes.

All three teams have legitimate arguments is all I'm saying, the Saints no less so than Rams or Vikes.  People claiming Saints are clearly better than either are wrong and people claiming the opposite are wrong.  They're evenly matched IMO.  Actually,  I feel like a lot of NFC teams are pretty evenly matched and it's going to be a tough conference.  The Eagles being the only team that has a convincing argument for being better than the rest. 

I don't think any of those four teams have a convincing argument for being better than the rest. And if the Falcons had someone better than Sarkisian at OC, I'd throw them in there too.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't think any of those four teams have a convincing argument for being better than the rest. And if the Falcons had someone better than Sarkisian at OC, I'd throw them in there too.

Fair enough, but they did win the superbowl with their back up QB(although he did play like an MVP), so I give them the benefit of the doubt.  

20 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Fair enough, but they did win the superbowl with their back up QB(although he did play like an MVP), so I give them the benefit of the doubt.  

Last year. These aren't the same teams from 2017 heading into 2018.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

And I give them the benefit of the doubt, nothing more, nothing less.

I give nobody the benefit of the doubt. It's a new year. No team has won back-to-back Super Bowls in the past decade.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I give nobody the benefit of the doubt. It's a new year. No team has won back-to-back Super Bowls in the past decade.

Yes of course, and in that case, neither the Rams, Vikings, nor Saints have been consistent winners year in year out lately.  

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yes of course, and in that case, neither the Rams, Vikings, nor Saints have been consistent winners year in year out lately.  

That's true, so my assumptions that they'll win this year won't be based on them winning last year. It'll be based on their talent and coaching.

Just now, jrry32 said:

That's true, so my assumptions that they'll win this year won't be based on them winning last year. It'll be based on their talent and coaching.

Which is based on what you saw of the talent and coaching last year.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Which is based on what you saw of the talent and coaching last year.

Correct. And what I project moving forward. But you can obviously see the difference here, right? The player is still the same guy. The teams are not the same.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Correct. And what I project moving forward. But you can obviously see the difference here, right? The player is still the same guy. The teams are not the same.

Players have up and down years all the time. 

Archived