How MUCH do you not want Josh Allen?

FGK

Would you rather...  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather....

• Get Josh Allen and your choice of non-QB prospects at #4
    • Get your top QB but forfeit the #4 pick

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

The Allen hate train is pretty crazy, not gonna lie. Dude is talented but is extremely raw. I could see him making major growth just by the fact he will get so much better coaching in the NFL then what he was getting in college. 

Im not saying he is the QB at one but we need to take a step back from the 480 bridge. If the browns like him, it’s for a reason. All the guys making the decision, they have collectively forgotten more about the game of football then we as a Browns forum know. 

If it was sashi pulling the trigger I would be scared but he isn’t.  

What does he do the best out of the QB class?

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Throws it the fastest and furthest.

haha exactly. the thing that matters the least. Boller, Russell probably can still throw it further than Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Falk etc... at least they'd be free and wouldn't cost number one overall. It's ridiculous.

If he wasn't 6'5, 240, polite, intelligent, well-spoken, farm strong and relatively good looking, he wouldn't be even close to number one overall conversation.

11 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

What does he do the best out of the QB class?

I could careless who is the best at something right now, coming out of college. I care about what a player might look like or the things they can do 3-4 years from now. Allen has the raw potential that with legit coaching, could make him pretty darn good, if he reaches that potential. 

Im just not gonna write him off like a lot of ppl already are doing.

is he the QB I want, no, not one bit. But I trust Dorsey wolf highsmith that they know what they are doing. So if they take him, I’ll trust them. 

People may kill me for saying it, but I'm going to anyway.

Josh Allen is Cardale Jones in a Pro Style system with much less success. He's a 4th round project QB with glaring deficiencies in his game that don't warrant a 1st round selection, not to mention #1 overall.

12 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Taking Josh Allen is cementing another 3 year rebuild after they cut Tyrod loose.

If that happens, the only hope is that Tyrod looks incredibly good so the Browns have no choice but to sign longterm and Allen will never beat him out for the job in TC.

This is exactly what I'm thinking.  I will have pre-purchased my Rams jersey however.

I've given too many hours to this team to be screwed over left and right with terrible decisions like this.

With Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield on the board, If we take Allen they're not worth our money or attention....

Just now, buno67 said:

I could careless who is the best at something right now, coming out of college. I care about what a player might look like or the things they can do 3-4 years from now. Allen has the raw potential that with legit coaching, could make him pretty darn good, if he reaches that potential. 

he is the QB I want, no, not one bit. But I trust Dorsey wolf highsmith that they know what they are doing

hate to be that guy, so sorry in advance, but it's "I couldn't care less". Sorry, I know it's annoying to be pedantic about grammar.

Anyway... so basically Josh Allen is a complete and utter projection and you are okay with that? His coach is the same man that coached Carson Wentz, I believe. For all the conversation about his terrible surrounding cast, he played against terrible players too. And when he played against good DBs, it was atrocious. I dread to imagine how that will improve when he goes up against world-class defenders.

We may as well have kept Kizer if we were interested in a total project that might, with huge projection, be good in 3-4 years. It's ridiculous.

Just now, buno67 said:

I could careless who is the best at something right now, coming out of college.

giphy.gif

Just now, buno67 said:

I care about what a player might look like

giphy.gif

Just now, buno67 said:

or the things they can do 3-4 years from now.

If we're talking about a 2nd-7th rounder, absolutely. That's called a "PROJECT". You don't take a project with the #1 overall pick in the entire draft...unless you're the Browns apparently.

Just now, buno67 said:

Allen has the raw potential that with legit coaching, could make him pretty darn good, if he reaches that potential. 

IF he overcomes his horrific mechanics

IF he overcomes his horrific accuracy

IF he overcomes his slow processing ability

IF he overcomes his turnover prone nature

IF there are passes in our playbook where we want him throwing 60+ yards regularly

Just now, buno67 said:

If you want to go ahead and take your stand, so be it.

Just now, buno67 said:

he is the QB I want, no, not one bit. But I trust Dorsey wolf highsmith that they know what they are doing

I don't trust anyone that this regime hires, period, until they prove to me otherwise.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If we're talking about a 2nd-7th rounder, absolutely. That's called a "PROJECT". You don't take a project with the #1 overall pick in the entire draft...unless you're the Browns apparently.

IF he overcomes his horrific mechanics

IF he overcomes his horrific accuracy

IF he overcomes his slow processing ability

IF he overcomes his turnover prone nature

IF there are passes in our playbook where we want him throwing 60+ yards regularly

If you want to go ahead and take your stand, so be it.

I don't trust anyone that this regime hires, period, until they prove to me otherwise.

Then do you question Landry Tyrod the hiring of Haley and etc?

Just now, buno67 said:

Then do you question Landry Tyrod the hiring of Haley and etc?

And do any of those guys entail drafting a QB?

That's literally all I care about from this GM/FO, the ability to hit on a Franchise QB. Anything else will be A COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE.

Archived