Best, Worst, Expected scenario at #19

WizardHawk

As the thread title says, who is the best/wrong/expected pick at 19 of the names connected to or in the ballpark of Dallas pick?

For me...

Best: Roquan Smith. Instincts, smarts, speed, leadership. Has been near/at top of my wish list since Sept. 

Worst: Calvin Ridley. As I''ve said before, I'm just not a fan. The tape is good, the athletic ability and size isn't. I believe the latter two catch up.

Expected: Cheating here as I've got 2 guys, Taven Bryan, Dallas breaks the mold, and LVE, not my favorite prospect, but can't deny there is a lot of potential there. I'd also add Ridley to the mix here, so I've got 3 guys I believe are in play. 

14 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Best: Harold Landry

Worst: Kolton Miller

Expected: Rashaan Evans (D.J. Moore if Dez gets cut)

You really think theyd go Moore over Sutton?

Moore doesnt really fit, is my concern. The routes and hands are ok, but not the upper tier stuff they prefer. Not that Sutton's routes are good by any stretch, but his size with similar athleticism is usually the traits I think theyd seek. Moore would likely end up being more of an inside guy in this scheme? And if Dez is cut theyd likely go looking for size and power outside, naw?

30 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

You really think theyd go Moore over Sutton?

Moore doesnt really fit, is my concern. The routes and hands are ok, but not the upper tier stuff they prefer. Not that Sutton's routes are good by any stretch, but his size with similar athleticism is usually the traits I think theyd seek. Moore would likely end up being more of an inside guy in this scheme? And if Dez is cut theyd likely go looking for size and power outside, naw?

Maybe, but if they are truly looking for the anti-Dez, I'm not sure they'd go with Sutton

Best: 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Best Case - Derwin James in a trade up, Harold Landry at #19

Worst case - Bryan or Payne, probably. Or a receiver besides Ridley.

Expected - Leighton Vander Esch

Mine is similar.

Best Case - Trade up for Derwin/Roquan or take Landry at #19 (if he's even there..)

Worst case - Bryan, Payne or an offensive lineman

Expected - Evans or Ridley

Best- Edmunds/LVE/Josh Allen<-- I know Allen shouldn't be in the discussion but considering where we are at and Allen's Carson Palmer like talent I think we could invest and in 2 or 3 years get an outrageous trade deal for him. I mean QBs only go up in value in the nfl.

Worst- any wr like another person said.

Expected- LVE/ Ridley/ 3rd I cant think of. 

Best:  Roquon Smith or Derwin James.

Worst:  WR.  Recent production of 1st round wr's hasn't been great (I know there are a lot of variables).  This wr class doesn't do much for me.

Expected: Hernandez or Williams.  Tyron Smith's back, uncertainty at LG may see an OL drafted.  Hernandez is a road grader (he's my man crush in this draft).  Evans could be a possibiliy given Lee's age and injury history.

I think we sit tight at 19.  There will be value there.

?- Derwin James, Roquan Smith, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Harold Landry

?- Vita Vea, Marcus Davenport

?- Calvin Ridley, Any of the LBs (Evans, Vander Esch, Edmunds), or Gs (Wynn, Hernandez, Daniels)

?- Dallas Goedert, Marcus Hurst

?-Taven Bryan, Da’Ron Payne, DJ Moore

?- Mike McGlinchey, Any other receiver, Lamar Jackson

*The last emoji is suppose to be a puking emoji. Not coming through, haha.

Archived