Best, Worst, Expected scenario at #19

WizardHawk

7 hours ago, Northland said:

Funny a lot of us have wr as the worst option at 19.  Looks like that option is gaining momentum now.  Shake my head.

Even with Dez's release, I still would prefer to draft defense in the 1st round.  Don't love the top WRs in the draft enough to warrant using a 1st on them over a good LB or DL, even a G.  Reaching just to fill a need pretty much never works out.  I'm more receptive to a receiver in the 2nd round or if we trade down.  And despite the new hole at WR, it does not change the fact that we still have needs at several other positions.

Best case: R. Smith, T. Edmunds, LVE, Vea, Hurst, Bryan, Davenport, Landry

Would be OK with: Wynn or Hernandez

Would not like: WR, S not named Fitzpatrick or James, any other position

28 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Even with Dez's release, I still would prefer to draft defense in the 1st round.  Don't love the top WRs in the draft enough to warrant using a 1st on them over a good LB or DL, even a G.  Reaching just to fill a need pretty much never works out.  I'm more receptive to a receiver in the 2nd round or if we trade down.  And despite the new hole at WR, it does not change the fact that we still have needs at several other positions.

Hate to be a debbie downer but -

Reid is versatile. Might not be the big pursuit and pop guy like James, or the range and cover guy like Minkah, but his hybrid skill set is a decent fit, and something we have shown to continually covet in the secondary.

Aso, while I still am not sold on WR as a true option, dont be surprised if they trade back and end up with Moore or Sutton. Both kind of bring something the team has lost with Dez or lacked entirely even with Dez. And the best way to help a young QB is to surround him with weapons to work with.

Id be surprised if they stay at 19 more and more. Draft is in Dallas, too? Theyre gonna look for a splash...and I think a trade uo for James or a trade down (With NE maybe?) to end up with Sutton or Moore and then possibly Reid or LVE or Evans makes a lot of sense.

If they do stand pat, LVE or Wynn for sure. My mock will be up soon. Next day or two. I always put good thought into it. My best was 2016, predicted 3 picks (including Dak, go me!) amd Ive gone as poorly as 0 correct...so Im trying to aim high this year. You should see my desk in my study...it has stacks of stuff all in prep for my mock.

11 hours ago, roysmyboy31 said:

I'm with you.  I am not sold on the wr class either.  Would like to see Lee's replacement drafted.  

I really would like to see the Cowboy's address the defensive needs 1st either staying @19 or trading back 

I don't want to see the Cowboy's draft Ridley I'm not sold on his total game, most of the game films that you see of him burning someone is when that player is giving Ridley 10 yds. of separation any wide receiver can put up big numbers if your laying back in coverage. The games that you saw press coverage they kept him in check.

With the Cowboy's philosophy of ball control they could be thinking offensive line with both free agents signing 1 year contracts.

Archived