Lions Pick at 20

goldfishwars

1st choice Marcus Davenport, 2nd choice Rashaan Evans.

We have a ton of needs. Included among them are DE and OLB.

Davenport at 20 would be a steal. I'd lock him up in a heartbeat, no question. He's a beast.

Rashaan Evans seems to be more of a MLB, but he's also an incredible talent and has the potential to play anywhere. He's also incredibly versatile, which would fit with any kind of hybrid scheme Patricia is hoping to run.

My third choice would have probably been Taven Bryan, but that's based entirely on hype and positional need. I don't know anything about him whatsoever. Seems like the kind of guy that's got a good chance of sliding into the mid 2nd round, but hype is hype and I'm pretty susceptible.

I'd be fine if we ended up with Mike McGlinchey, Derrius Guice, Billy Price, or Josh Jackson in this scenario too... but I'd absolutely run up to the podium to take Davenport.

3 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Davenport easily. He won't be here in the real draft.

Am I the only one who's a bit worried about Davenport?  His athleticism pops on film but he is pretty raw. He doesn't seem to have a plan when he rushes. I understand the comparisons to ziggy but with ziggy you could see the instincts on tape. I'm not sure I see that with Davenport 

Why would you compare him to Ziggy Ansah who basically played one year of college ball and only had 4.5 sacks?

Davenport has about three years of college football history. His pass rush instincts shouldn't really be in question based off production of the last three years in sacks/TFL. It's fair to wonder about his technique and moves, hands, etc, but NFL coaches can prolly get a lot more out of players than Arlington Texas coaches(no offense to them.)

Not to mention this year he'll basically be second or third fiddle depending on how people feel about Hyder/Zettel. Lots of 1on1's or opportunistic opportunities(3rd long) for his transition year.

I'll admit at the time the Ziggy Ansah scared the heck out of me and I wanted to avoid him that early. Great pick by the Lions, good thing they didn't listen to me. I wanted Star Lotulelei or Chance Warmack.... Ansah was prolly the best pick in the top 10 of that draft and should of gone 1st overall or Hopkins.... Lions prolly have the best 1st and 2nd round selections easily with Ansah/Slay. Sucks we followed that up with Ebron/Van Noy/Swanson... None are on the team anymore lol and Ansah/Slay are the core of our defense.

Archived