Off-Topic: The Washington Capitals, YOUR 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!, Thread

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

The Caps beat the Lighting up games 1 and 2 but then played soft 3 and 4. It’s no coincidence when they decided to drop the hammer down again they smoked Tampa Bay. They don’t like to get hit at all. Bring the pain in game 7. Win or lose. Give them hell. 

The caps outplayed the Lighting in game 4. Their only poor performance of this series was game 3. Vasilesky played out do his mind in games 4 and 5 and that along with some bad penalties,  poor defensive execution and a few soft goals given up by Holtby cost them those games.

Loved the intensity last night!

If they bring that, they'll have a shot in TB. Of course, TB gets the last line change. And we all know of the Caps' game 7 history. My finger nails will be nubs by the end of the game. They have to bring the same intensity... and Holtby has to be big.

Even if they lose, this a nice step for the Caps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Since the Caps went to seven
The fanbase has found a new place to dwell
Sitting there on Lonely Street
At Heartbreak Hotel

Do you mind if I copy this and post it on twitter/Facebook?

Edited by turtle28

Honestly, the absolute keys to this game, to me, is to play the defense you've played in the Game 6's of Pens/Lightning, and to not give the Lightning powerplay opportunities. Those two things will give the Caps the game.