Off-Topic: The Washington Capitals, YOUR 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!, Thread

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What is the appropriate dog breed to celebrate the capitals getting to the finals?  

Can’t go wrong with a miniature dashcund. My family is German and we’ve had one in our family since they first came here 140 years ago or so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

You also suggested it was time to pull him... he promptly threw two shutouts.  :P

In all honesty, that's okay. I'm not taking shots. That would be silly. Caps won... I'm happy... and I'm happy for Caps, and DC sports, fans. I'm happy for Ovi... I'm happy for Ted.

I never said a word about Holtby. I also thought it was incredibly stupid to bench him. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

My internet was running a little slow, and the pics weren't loading, so I thought you literally ordered a puppy to celebrate the Caps win.

Same thing lol. I actually thought he ordered a dog to celebrate 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I never said a word about Holtby. I also thought it was incredibly stupid to bench him. 

He lumped you and I into one point. You’ve been ripping trotz and I said if “Holtby didnt improve” they should pull him for Gruby, because he didn’t play well in games 3-5 but obviously he played like the best player on the ice in games 6 & 7. So, at that point it was moot.

Edited by turtle28

46 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

ALL GOOD BABY!!!

One thing you’ll learn about me, is that I don’t like to change things that much. I like to see what will happen with a group of players, coaches and a front office over the course of 5 plus years before deciding to blow something up.

I believe that’s why we are butting heads a bit and why Lavar and Mknight and I sometimes.

I always believe a team can do better next year with a few tweaks/better health or development of their young players, etc. That’s not changing for me.

By the way, I don’t want to trade Beal or Porter but if we are playing the game of how do the Wizards get a lot better and become a top 4 team in the league and a contender; I believe the only way to do that is to move one of them for a guy who would then be the best player on our team or a collection of players who would cost less but be about equal.

My preference is to keep Wall, Beal and Porter together; draft a young C like Robert Porter or someone else; trade away Gortat for a late 1st round pick or a 2nd round draft pick and then re-sign Scott to be either our starting PF with Markieff moving to C or have Scott remain our 6th/7th man (1st big off the bench) behind Kieff and whoever our next C is next year. 

Edited by turtle28