Off-Topic: The Washington Capitals, YOUR 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!, Thread

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I’m not gonna go woe is me yet. Let’s see what happens these last two games

I sure hope so, but I hate how the team isn’t getting any breaks on all their shots - they’re outshooting the Lighting but keep losing; Vasilesky has been standing on his head; Holtby hasn’t been as sharp as he was at the end of the CLBS series, the Pitt series or the first two games of the TB series; and the defense keeps making mistakes, taking bad penalties and having horrible turnovers.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I sure hope so, but I hate how the team isn’t getting any breaks on all their shots - they’re outshooting the Lighting but keep losing; Vasilesky has been standing on his head; Holtby hasn’t been as sharp as he was at the end of the CLBS series, the Pitt series or the first two games of the TB series; and the defense keeps making mistakes, taking bad penalties and having horrible turnovers.

It’s not about just shooting the puck 8 million times. When you’re shooting it directly at his blocker or into his glove it doesn’t matter if you do that 35 times a game. Poor Holtby is getting left out to dry by his defense but he’s let some gimmes in as well. This series ends in the next game but they still had a heck of a season for a team with a crappy coach and not as good a roster as before. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 11:43 AM, turtle28 said:

Espn had a graphic up that the Capitals have the worst record in NHL history after being up 2-0 in a series of .375.

They are 0-12 in the last three playoff series they've been up 2-0.

19 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It’s not about just shooting the puck 8 million times. When you’re shooting it directly at his blocker or into his glove it doesn’t matter if you do that 35 times a game. P

This so much. Shots on goal is probably the worst stat in all of hockey, if not in all of sports. Simply flinging the puck doesn't mean eventually one will go in. Not in the postseason.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2018 at 12:39 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I’m not gonna go woe is me yet. Let’s see what happens these last two games

The Caps beat the Lighting up games 1 and 2 but then played soft 3 and 4. It’s no coincidence when they decided to drop the hammer down again they smoked Tampa Bay. They don’t like to get hit at all. Bring the pain in game 7. Win or lose. Give them hell.