Off-Topic: The Washington Capitals, YOUR 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!, Thread

I loved that 1998 Caps team. I used to sit down in the basement with my dad during the game and listen to radio and build model airplanes. Ollie the Goalie, Bonzai, Chris Simons hair. So excited to head back to the Stanley Cup Finals 20 years later. This time let’s win the Cup. C-A-P-S...

• Like 1

3 stars of the game: Burakovsky's big night propels Caps to the Stanley Cup Final

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/capitals/3-stars-game-burakovskys-big-night-propels-caps-stanley-cup-final

Good coaching by Trotz. He benched Burakovsky after he played horrible a few games ago. Burky got the message and catapulted the Caps in game 7.

1. Andre Burakovsky: It's been a rough year for Burakovsky, but all that was erased on Wednesday with his brilliant two-goal performance to lead the Caps.

The Caps were clinging to a 1-0 lead in the second period, but the Lightning were buzzing, outshooting the Caps 8-1. They had all the momentum until Burakovsky stole a bouncing puck from Dan Girardi and fired a quick shot far-side for the beautiful goal.

Burakovsky added a second goal later in the second as John Carlson banked a pass off the boards to launch him on a breakaway. Burakovsky coolly shot it through the open five-hole of Vasilevskiy to make it 3-0.

It's incredible to think that Burakovsky had not recorded a point yet this postseason prior to Game 7, was a healthy scratch for Game 5 and was talking about seeing a sports psychologist over the summer after the morning skate for Game 6.

I can’t get over how happy I am for Ovi. I can’t wait until they erect a statue for him in DC and Caps fans act like they didn’t trash him and beg for him to be traded for years. “Ovi doesn’t deserve his C” bunch of morons. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1