Off-Topic: The Washington Capitals, YOUR 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!, Thread

I teared up too. Definitely. I was shaking at the end. I was 4 when the Skins won last. I don't remember it. So this is what it's really like to enjoy this as a fan? Man it feels good. So good.

I am paying for it at work today. I went to bed at about 2 am, beer still in my hand. I am too old for this.

• Like 2

That was special-really enjoyed it . Sure wasn't the same ol'Caps ! Very happy for the GR8 but really admired the grit of Devante Smith-Pelley. Unsung ( or kinda sung ! ) Hero. Tough bunch of guys and the goaltender- never was confident he could do it either .. Happy for D C ! HTTC :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Shoutout to @Woz for letting us have a thread this year. First year with an independent thread leads to a Cup.

You're welcome.

That said, I had to edit the thread for updated information.

• Like 1

Recapping a conversation I had yesterday afternoon with my colleagues (one of whom is a big Caps fan), both of whom know about my past explanations about the Caps:

"There's a small little kid inside me who still remembers being a Caps fan. He wants desperately to see them win this trophy, but he's been walled off from the rest of me. So while I'm happy for the Caps and DC, there's a part of me that is jealous that I cannot truly enjoy this (should it come to pass) because I've intentionally kept them at arms length."

Revel in it, folks. Enjoy it.

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It’s certainly nice he said this. Still seems like he’s covering his you know what more than anything else. I’m sure he’s happy for the fans of DC, the players and the Caps organization but at the same time he did want Vegas to win and NOT the Caps.

I tweeted to him; thanked him and told him to get one of his own now!

lol 

Edited by turtle28