Off-Topic: The Washington Capitals, YOUR 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!, Thread

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It’s certainly nice he said this. Still seems like he’s covering his you know what more than anything else. I’m sure he’s happy for the fans of DC, the players and the Caps organization but at the same time he did want Vegas to win and NOT the Caps.

I tweeted to him; thanked him and told him to get one of his own now!

lol 

I don't want to derail the Caps thread, so apologies, but I thought he was genuine, and I think he's always been that way. Never really been one to shy away from his emotion.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't want to derail the Caps thread, so apologies, but I thought he was genuine, and I think he's always been that way. Never really been one to shy away from his emotion.

I totally think he’s genuine. He is happy for everyone in DC that we finally got a championship. I just get the feeling that he felt he had to do this because of the pictures of him wearing the Golden Knights jersey to a suite at Capitol One that surfaced and him being way out in front supporting the Golden Knights.

I mean if it were me, I wouldn’t have done those things knowing that I’d get some backlash for it that could hang on me for years if I stayed in DC. 

Was it attention dollars? I don’t know, it seems the whole world wants attention dollars now a days.

If it were me, I would have stayed at home and not attended a Caps game while rooting for their opponent. That just seemed like the smarter thing for Bryce to do.

Edited by turtle28