Off-Topic: The Washington Capitals, YOUR 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!, Thread

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Weird.

I heard that he might not want to come back like a week ago because he is close to another GM or owner and it was out that he wanted to go to that team. I can’t remember who it was though. I wonder if it had to do with that.

I hope they just hire from within. Promote  the assistant coach to keep the system and chemistry the same.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I heard that he might not want to come back like a week ago because he is close to another GM or owner and it was out that he wanted to go to that team. I can’t remember who it was though. I wonder if it had to do with that.

I hope they just hire from within. Promote  the assistant coach to keep the system and chemistry the same.

They definitey will. They have an assistant, whose name escapes me, that they’ve been grooming 

I read a tweet - but can’t find it now - that Trotz wanted $5M a year for 5 years which would’ve made h8  one of the highest paid coaches in the nfl. The Caps wouldn’t do it, but Ted pays Brooks $7M per year... hmmm huh?

Edited by turtle28

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, we’ll get that next Stanley in another 44 years, no biggie.

He’s been a coach for how many years in the NHL and this was his first time past the second round? His team caught fire and he was along for the ride. Good for him that he’ll get a huge pay day but I don’t think the caps will miss him. 

Neil Greenberg said the Assistant/bench coach Reardon is beloved by the players said to be the one who made the line changes and especially the defensive changes/development of guys like Carlson and Kempny that helped to lead them to the cup.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He’s been a coach for how many years in the NHL and this was his first time past the second round? His team caught fire and he was along for the ride. Good for him that he’ll get a huge pay day but I don’t think the caps will miss him. 

Because it’s easy to win a championship? Again, 43 years and the Caps didn’t win one. The District went 26 years w/o winning one in one of the top 4 pro team sports. Marty Schottenheimer was a coach for 3 decades and never won one.

Edited by turtle28