Off-Topic: The Washington Capitals, YOUR 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!, Thread

56 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So Edmonton can be a hub for NHL teams for the playoffs, but the Blue Jays can't play baseball.  

Makes about as much sense as anything else does during the pandemic. 

My dad and I just had this conversation. The difference is that the Blue Jays would have to travel in and out of the USA, as would other teams playing them at home in Toronto.

The NHL is going into a bubble in Toronto & Edmonton. Entirely different scenarios.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

My dad and I just had this conversation. The difference is that the Blue Jays would have to travel in and out of the USA, as would other teams playing them at home in Toronto.

The NHL is going into a bubble in Toronto & Edmonton. Entirely different scenarios.

Yeah that makes sense.  But with how Canada has essentially shut the border, I'm still surprised they agreed to have everyone come in, which is a logistical challenge right now and can still spread the virus before we get people into a bubble.  

14 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah that makes sense.  But with how Canada has essentially shut the border, I'm still surprised they agreed to have everyone come in, which is a logistical challenge right now and can still spread the virus before we get people into a bubble.  

Yeah, it a risk for sure but, hey, it’s hockey and it’s Canada so there you have it! They’ll take the risk so they can have the Stanley Cup playoffs, just as the USA is doing for Baseball, Basketball, Football and Soccer.

Can we put to bed the rumor that Todd Reirden was instrumental in the Caps winning the cup in 2018 bc he fixed the Caps defense?  Trotz is cleaning his clock, it’s once again proof that the Caps/Ted was too cheap & stupid to not keep Trotz after they won the Cup and they’re not as good w/o him.