Off-Topic: The Washington Capitals, YOUR 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!, Thread

Holtby was amazing today! We need him to be on point! If he had played a little better and the D had blocked a few more of those shots in game one, the Caps would’ve won that game too.

I loved what I saw today out of Holtby and the fact that the offense didn’t get complacent, they kept attacking.

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

And Ovi with another goal. They should totally take his C away lmfao 

Careful. You took a shot the other night after they were up 2-0 and they lost.

He's playing great, isn't he? Keep hearing that he dedicated his off-season to training so he could be his best in the playoffs. Gotta like that.

2 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

He's playing great, isn't he? Keep hearing that he dedicated his off-season to training so he could be his best in the playoffs. Gotta like that.

Do you? I could have sworn a few pages back you said trade him. Look, I don’t know that the Caps ever beat the Pens but this seems like it may be one of their best shots because they have a good mix of vets and youth/speed - something they haven’t had for a while.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Do you? I could have sworn a few pages back you said trade him. Look, I don’t know that the Caps ever beat the Pens but this seems like it may be one of their best shots because they have a good mix of vets and youth/speed - something they haven’t had for a while.

I said I would have traded him two-three years ago when he still had a lot of value. He still has some now of course.

What I said, and what he's currently doing, are two different things.

What I said is that it took two-thirds of his career, and five coaches, to figure out he needs to play a two-way game.

What he's doing, and what he did under Hunter for one year (when the Caps made it further than they ever had in the Ovi-era), is play a two-way game.

16 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Why be careful? Them losing doesn’t take away him playing great. You were wrong about him and you should be happy about that. Just enjoy it dude. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I said I would have traded him two-three years ago when he still had a lot of value. He still has some now of course.

What I said, and what he's currently doing, are two different things.

What I said is that it took two-thirds of his career, and five coaches, to figure out he needs to play a two-way game.

What he's doing, and what he did under Hunter for one year (when the Caps made it further than they ever had in the Ovi-era), is play a two-way game.

Fair enough but I could’ve sworn that the Caps made it further under Bruce Beaudreau back in I think 09 or 10?? I was at game 7 at home vs the Pens that year. Probably the most disappointed I’ve been as a sports fan since 99 when the Redskins were a botched snap away from playing in the NFC Conference game.

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why be careful? Them losing doesn’t take away him playing great. You were wrong about him and you should be happy about that. Just enjoy it dude. 

Careful because of the karma bug.

How was I wrong? He's never made an EC final... history is on my side.

Only in the NHL could two guys square up and beat the hell out of each other or in Jay Beagles case, get KOd and serve a couple minutes in the box but you lay a legal hit on a guy and get a three game suspension lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Only in the NHL could two guys square up and beat the hell out of each other or in Jay Beagles case, get KOd and serve a couple minutes in the box but you lay a legal hit on a guy and get a three game suspension lol

The NHL just makes stuff up as it goes when it comes to discipline. This is the same suspension Kadri got for this clear cheap shot. Absurd

What’s even better is the face of the league spits on another player. It’s caught on video and showed over and over again. And nothing. 

Wilson destroys people but for the most part he does it within the rules. Kadri showed what kind of guy he is after he took out Ovi’s knee...and stupidly Caps fans blamed him for not playing well after the fact.