Off-Topic: The Washington Capitals, YOUR 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!, Thread

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Tom Wilson will be leaving a few games ...again... after sucker punching a player that was defenseless and prone on the ice . I like the guy - but man, no self control/ judgment !

Yeah, man, I love how he plays but he has to be smarter. He’s becoming a liability.

Agreed on your goaltender comment to but hey, they couldn’t afford to keep Holtby. Samsonov has had a rough season with COVID and all. He’s back and has been playing pretty good.

This teams greatest issue since they won the cup and even before they won the cup for the decade before has been their defense. It’s not even the goaltending as much, it’s their breakdowns on defense that has cost them a few more Stanley Cups in the Ovi-Backstrom era.

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Where'd this guy sponge-Bob come from ? I mean Spong..is that it . He scores goals !

You know my mom asked me that and I forgot to look it up. I’m guessing the Hersey Bears 🐻 , but let me look.

2015-19 he played for the Penguins.

Then 2019 & 2020 w/ Anaheim then he came here this year.

I like him though!

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

You know my mom asked me that and I forgot to look it up. I’m guessing the Hersey Bears 🐻 , but let me look.

2015-19 he played for the Penguins.

Then 2019 & 2020 w/ Anaheim then he came here this year.

I like him though!

Traded Christian Droos to get him. Looks like a steal so far . 

I’ve never seen a league that prides itself so much on advocating violence get so bent out of shape with one player before. You don’t want to deal with Tom Wilson then quit being dummy’s and going after other capitals players. And my lord, the Rangers sending out an official tweet crying about this is just silly. I’m not even a hockey fan but boy do hockey fans love violence, fighting and big hits unless it involves Tom Wilson. Such a joke. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I’ve never seen a league that prides itself so much on advocating violence get so bent out of shape with one player before. You don’t want to deal with Tom Wilson then quit being dummy’s and going after other capitals players. And my lord, the Rangers sending out an official tweet crying about this is just silly. I’m not even a hockey fan but boy do hockey fans love violence, fighting and big hits unless it involves Tom Wilson. Such a joke. 

Definitely a double standard but also one he’s earned over the last 3 or 4 years. I don’t know what you do w/ him because asking him to not be as aggressive means he won’t be the same player but he’s got to be smarter and know there’s a target on his back and he doesn’t seem to get that or he knows it and either doesn’t care or when he gets on the ice the thought just goes away and he’s back to old Tommy Boy.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Definitely a double standard but also one he’s earned over the last 3 or 4 years. I don’t know what you do w/ him because asking him to not be as aggressive means he won’t be the same player but he’s got to be smarter and know there’s a target on his back and he doesn’t seem to get that or he knows it and either doesn’t care or when he gets on the ice the thought just goes away and he’s back to old Tommy Boy.

You do nothing about it. This is who he is. That league has allowed far worse to go on and they put themselves in this situation. They pride themselves on letting players fight each other and they’ve had situations where guys get knocked out during a fight and their heads bang off the ice but hey that’s just a good ole hockey fight. It’s a dumb league. The sport is cool but it’s a dumb league. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You guys know we would hate Tom Wilson if he wasn't on our team.  I hated Sean Avery too, but back in the day if Avery got too pesky, you had Donald Brashear around to shut him up.  

Want to get rid of pests like Wilson?  Bring back the enforcer.  

Or change the rules & take fighting out of the game and make it about actual skill and hockey.

11 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

BTW... my TRUE area of expertise is hockey tough guys.

http://www.espn.com/espn/eticket/story?page=goons

I'm Peatycap in this article. I'm letting my guard down a bit... I know I may take some harassment. LOL. 

Hruby won some sort of award for that article though... and it was the lead on ESPN.com for day!  😃

Well there were 6 fights in the first 6 minutes of the game and Wilson is now out for the game.