Off-Topic: The Washington Capitals, YOUR 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!, Thread

2 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The biggest factor is bigger goalies and bigger goalie equipment. Goalies used to be smaller and more quick, now goalies are big guys who go into the butterfly and can cover more of the goal, there's alot less goal to shoot at now than there used to be.

Butterfly method?  My understanding was this was the correct way to train a goalie:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

I'm not gonna poopoo on Ovi too much. Sure, he's a great goal scorer... one of the best ever... no doubting that.

But he was never a leader. That's something this team has missed for a long time. Guys that will do the little things to win... go to battle... defend a teammate... lay down in front of shots... backcheck.

I'd take 10 Oshies over 10 Ovechkins any day.

Edited by Skinsin2013

7 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I'm not gonna poopoo on Ovi too much. Sure, he's a great goal scorer... one of the best ever... no doubting that.

But he was never a leader. That's something this team has missed for a long time. Guys that will do the little things to win... go to battle... defend a teammate... lay down in front of shots... backcheck.

I'd take 10 Oshies over 10 Ovechkins any day.

Oshie has had a down year and made multiple mistakes in the series. Oshie is fine, but he can’t sniff Ovi’s jock in terms of production. I don’t think any of us know how much of a leader a guy is or isn’t because we aren’t in that lockeroom day in day out.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Oshie has had a down year and made multiple mistakes in the series. Oshie is fine, but he can’t sniff Ovi’s jock in terms of production. I don’t think any of us know how much of a leader a guy is or isn’t because we aren’t in that lockeroom day in day out.

There's been calls, especially earlier in his career, to strip him of the C.

And this is the guy that jets to Russia as soon as the season ends.

Not a leader.

Oshie is hurt (badly) per Alan May.

BTW... I do like the way Ovi has been playing the past few years. I like the way he played the first series.

My gripe is it took him too long to figure it out. In 2013-14, he finished third to last (in the entire NHL) in plus/minus. He scored 51 goals that year. That's a show.

From 25-30 (outside of the run and gun years), his best season was probably as a 30 year old.

Too many wasted years. You can blame everyone else... I'll blame the constant.

I have this strange feeling we'll be saying the same thing about John Wall when he's 30... something along the lines of... 'he's finally committed to a two-way  game... he's finally shooting less and looking for his shooters more.'

Finally.........................................................

Edited by Skinsin2013

Had my techs in to the “Pleasure Palace” and now have three 70 inch monitors to stream the Draft, Caps and Celtics games. Going to strip down to my undershorts, crack open a new Macallan and immerse myself into TV. Pappy would roll over in his grave because TV had three channels during his day and young doc was his remote control. Enjoy Bro’s.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Had my techs in to the “Pleasure Palace” and now have three 70 inch monitors to stream the Draft, Caps and Celtics games. Going to strip down to my undershorts, crack open a new Macallan and immerse myself into TV. Pappy would roll over in his grave because TV had three channels during his day and young doc was his remote control. Enjoy Bro’s.  

What time can I come over? And guests don't have to wear pants either right? xD

12 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Makes my watching the draft on an iPad while the 50" has the game seem pretty janky.