TAKE ME TO THE LANDRY-MAT (5 yr 75 mil 47M guaranteed)

mistakey

Steep but it's a good player who catches the ball more than anyone else, gets first downs more than anyone else, and is a credible player with name value and an infectious enthusiasm that should rub off on the culture of this team.

We have the money. Nice move. Here's hoping we get him a QB that can throw the ball to him.

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

Steep but it's a good player who catches the ball more than anyone else, gets first downs more than anyone else, and is a credible player with name value and an infectious enthusiasm that should rub off on the culture of this team.

We have the money. Nice move. Here's hoping we get him a QB that can throw the ball to him.

Josh Allen

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It is for sure

we had 70 million in cap space this year, including Jarvis' 16 year cap hit this year
this actually shoudl lower his cap hit this year if you just take it as a straight division of 75/5.
Caps increase yearly.
even in comparison to his peers, theres a lot of bad players down at the bottom
kgf2pltkuhr01.jpg

in 3 years this will be a steal.

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

we had 70 million in cap space this year, including Jarvis' 16 year cap hit this year
this actually shoudl lower his cap hit this year if you just take it as a straight division of 75/5.
Caps increase yearly.
even in comparison to his peers, theres a lot of bad players down at the bottom
kgf2pltkuhr01.jpg

in 3 years this will be a steal.

I think its a 5 year extension, not a 5 year deal.  I think we are getting him for 6 years 90 million but I could be wrong....

Just now, CBrownsman said:

I think its a 5 year extension, not a 5 year deal.  I think we are getting him for 6 years 90 million but I could be wrong....

even if thats the case the point still remains.  his percentage of the cap is already accounted for and we have 70 million left over and the cap only increases yearly.  by a decent amount.  this move will not impact us as much as say the extensions for Ogbah, Gordon,  will (low salary to high salary)

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

even if thats the case the point still remains.  his percentage of the cap is already accounted for and we have 70 million left over and the cap only increases yearly.  by a decent amount.  this move will not impact us as much as say the extensions for Ogbah, Gordon,  will (low salary to high salary)

This is true, and I'm not arguing against the move.  But I also know a lot of our money that we had in "cap space" this year was roll over money from last year.  As it stands next year we have 45 million in cap space after this laundry deal.  Now that cap will go up, and we will get roll over money from this year, but still don't want people to think we are still rich beyond measure.  We still have to be smart with money

Archived