TAKE ME TO THE LANDRY-MAT (5 yr 75 mil 47M guaranteed)

mistakey

I hope my comments weren't taken as whining.  I'm very happy about the move.  We need a WR who gets open as often as Laundry and who is as up beat as him.

I'm just saying we don't have as much salary cap as people think we do.  But if we are wise with our money, which it seems like they have been, we will be just fine.

Have we lost our freaking mind????

Why on earth would we not just make this a 3 or 4 year deal max like Sammy Watkins?

47million guaranteed means if Landry gets injured or becomes a locker room issue or etc... the cap hit is a death sentence....

Makes no sense to use that money on a slot receiver....

I would've rather told Tyrod "hey we'll give  you 47 million guaranteed today over the next 3 years...cool/"

But for a slot WR with no down field speed?

Hell no...

Glad he's on the team, but we need to make more prudent decisions in the future.

We have to extend Demarious Randall at the end of the year as well as few CBs and potentially Josh Gordon and Duke Johnson...

This deal may make it likely that Duke hits the market

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Please don't whine about it, we have the money, we drop first downs, secure his services, move on.

More or less this.

Yes it’s a lot, yes he’s being overpaid.  We’ll be fine cap wise.  If it ends up being a bad deal it’s literally the only one we have right now.

20 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

This is true, and I'm not arguing against the move.  But I also know a lot of our money that we had in "cap space" this year was roll over money from last year.  As it stands next year we have 45 million in cap space after this laundry deal.  Now that cap will go up, and we will get roll over money from this year, but still don't want people to think we are still rich beyond measure.  We still have to be smart with money

well, we rolled only 51 over last year
so we'll likely have around 100 million again next year

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

More or less this.

Yes it’s a lot, yes he’s being overpaid.  We’ll be fine cap wise.  If it ends up being a bad deal it’s literally the only one we have right now.

That's true but OBJ is going to drive up the price of all WRs, the could end up being a bargain 

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Have we lost our freaking mind????

Why on earth would we not just make this a 3 or 4 year deal max like Sammy Watkins?

47million guaranteed means if Landry gets injured or becomes a locker room issue or etc... the cap hit is a death sentence....

Makes no sense to use that money on a slot receiver....

I would've rather told Tyrod "hey we'll give  you 47 million guaranteed today over the next 3 years...cool/"

But for a slot WR with no down field speed?

Hell no...

Glad he's on the team, but we need to make more prudent decisions in the future.

We have to extend Demarious Randall at the end of the year as well as few CBs and potentially Josh Gordon and Duke Johnson...

This deal may make it likely that Duke hits the market

calm down bro
we'll likely have 100 million in cap next year as well.  + the relief from dead cap from britt and haden
and yes, it does make sense to use that money on a slot receiver.  

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That true but OBJ is going to drive up the price of all WRs, the could end up being a bargain 

Very true.

Not to mention, whenever a high level player signs a new deal it’s always going to look like an overpayment.

If he plays like he has, in 3 years this deal will look very nice.

Just now, MistaBohmbastic said:

We have to overpay cus Browns. At the very least this shows the front office's willingness to make a splash. Unlike a certain someone who roamed the halls of Berea before him...

There's only one splash I want to hear this offseason, and it'd better be freezing.

Archived