TAKE ME TO THE LANDRY-MAT (5 yr 75 mil 47M guaranteed)

mistakey

It’s annoying that ppl look at just his stats and ypc and call him a bad WR. He did everything that Miami asked him to do. 

He accepted his role and he was a damn beast at it too. I think under Haley he is going to have a huge year

Good deal.  Is it "too much"??   Yeah probably, but so is damn near every free agent for every team.  That's what free agency is.  We paid a lowly 4th rounder to basically sign a free agent that we needed who otherwise would very likely not have come here.  Good move.

Good players get over payed and average ones get under payed. 

Landry is a good player. 

Hopefully Tyrod feeds him 110 balls this year. 1110 yards and 11 TD's that will be well worth the big $$$$

Hopefully Hue and Haley use him properly 

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The Browns just made Julian Edelman the 5th highest paid WR in the NFL?

Interesting but I hope this isnt the start of the Dorsey overpaying every good player we ever get like the reports were in KC.

Landry just isn’t a good player tho. He is one of the better WRs in the league. It just gets hated on because of the way Miami used him the dude didn’t put up the yac yards  

Also Dorsey was paying to keep the team together because they were being successful. Those KC teams should of went farther in the playoffs if it wasn’t for some Reid choke jobs. 

He also showed that he is a lot smarter with contracts then given credit for. A lot of guys he signed this year signed deals that if they suck can be easily let go after a year. 

People, we overpaid.  And ya know what?  It's ok.

We suck.  Nobody wants to come here for the same money as 31 other teams.  Hell, maybe not even for 125% the money of most other teams. 

We HAVE TO, repeat HAVE TO overpay players for a while until we are relevant again.  That is why the Sashi teardown was so necessary.  We needed the ability to overpay players while also having a lot of guys on rookie contracts to compensate.  We also needed a lot of draft picks to be able to trade for players on the last year of their deal, otherwise we would never get them (IE taylor and Landry).

Our climb back to relevance can no take the traditional route.  Sorry guys, but it just can't.  That is why I feel it is so important to trade down from pick 4 to get more quality picks, and hopefully another 2019 1st.

8 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

I guess Mathieu forgot about the boneheaded penalties that he frequently gets from that 'passion energy and attitude'

Bro? seriously? So I take it you are fine with the status quo of us getting punched in the face and thanking the opponent? I'm sorry but comments like this burn me up, I'd rather have a guy who doesn't take any bs and get a few penalties going too hard than have guys like Kenny Britt and not go hard at all. I for one welcome the few "bonehead penalties from passion energy and attitude". I guarantee Pittsburgh loved Hines Ward and Juju Smith-Schuster, or Carolina with Steve Smith and how tenacious they played and here you come whining about playing with fire and passion, unbelievable. God forbid we pay a guy that work and play hard like the city should be represented. 

Sorry, just struck a nerve.

7 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

People, we overpaid.  And ya know what?  It's ok.

We suck.  Nobody wants to come here for the same money as 31 other teams.  Hell, maybe not even for 125% the money of most other teams. 

We HAVE TO, repeat HAVE TO overpay players for a while until we are relevant again.  That is why the Sashi teardown was so necessary.  We needed the ability to overpay players while also having a lot of guys on rookie contracts to compensate.  We also needed a lot of draft picks to be able to trade for players on the last year of their deal, otherwise we would never get them (IE taylor and Landry).

Our climb back to relevance can no take the traditional route.  Sorry guys, but it just can't.  That is why I feel it is so important to trade down from pick 4 to get more quality picks, and hopefully another 2019 1st.

Climb back to relevance is not about getting more quality picks, it’s about just hitting on the picks and having ppl able to evaluate talent.

Browns have had quality picks all the time, they just didn’t get the job done. 

If they didn’t screw up with taking Gilbert Manziel Shelton and Erving, the browns wouldn’t be in the current position

7 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

How about this people...... when was the last time we had a Wide Receiver whom when we thew him the ball we were like oh good that’s gonna be a for sure catch, Landry gives us that he catches everything even balls that he has no business catching 

A guy who actually attacks the ball? and can make plays after the ball? and most underrated his run blocking. A really long time....

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Climb back to relevance is not about getting more quality picks, it’s about just hitting on the picks and having ppl able to evaluate talent.

Browns have had quality picks all the time, they just didn’t get the job done. 

If they didn’t screw up with taking Gilbert Manziel Shelton and Erving, the browns wouldn’t be in the current position

They would have to hit on ALL their picks because of how much we have to overpay people to stay here and come here. 

We also need to have good players on the team NOW so we can actually evaluate the guys we draft.  It's hard to evaluate players when the other players around them are terrible, and a lot of their play depends on the guys around them.

Don't worry, hopefully soon (maybe 2-3 years) we wont be a laughing stock and guys might actually play here for the same money as other teams.

Archived