Browns sign Jarvis Landry to 5 year extension

.Buzz

17 minutes ago, mistakey said:

doubt saquon will be a brown
they didnt meet at the combine
they didnt have a private visit

wherever dorsey's been has never taken a 1st round RB
likely gonna be chubb or ward or trade down at 4, it looks like

I don't think those two are that crazy considering how top notch his athletic talent and off the field are.
There are really no questions you need answered there, so you can use your time on guys with questions you need answered.

But if that's true about Dorsey then that definitely carries merit. 

Landry is a good receiver and will be very nice paired with a possibly resurgent Josh Gordon, but this is a massive overpay for a guy who isnt even a top 10 WR.

I mean, it wont hurt the Browns because they really arent paying anyone top dollar, and by the time they potentially have to (such as Myles Garrett and maybe whatever QB they draft this year), this contract will be largely paid off.

So, an overpay in general....but wont hurt the Browns.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I don't think those two are that crazy considering how top notch his athletic talent and off the field are.
There are really no questions you need answered there, so you can use your time on guys with questions you need answered.

Also, this is a deep RB draft and they brought in Carlos Hyde.     I think the Browns would be wiser to draft a QB at one and then look to trade down at 4 since I think some team will be willing to give up a future first+ to move up to get a QB....or the Bills could give them both of their firsts this year and possibly a high pick next year.   

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I hate, hate that notion that Dorsey has never taken a RB in the 1st. It comes down to, how many times has Dorsey ever been apart of a team that ever had a chance at drafting the #1 RB.  Does Dorsey pass up on Peterson, Gurley, Zeke, Fournette, or another top back in the draft. 

Its easy to pass up on a #2/#3 back in the draft in the 1st rd but not the #1back

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Signing guys like Landry will make it a little more attractive for guys to come there and make it easier for whatever Qb they settle on.

I mean....if it works out.

As of right now, they traded to acquire him and massively overpaid to keep him.

As of RIGHT NOW, the idea of being overpaid is the only thing that makes them attractive to top FAs.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Still gotta meet the person if you’re going to give them 30 mil 

8 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

but this is a massive overpay for a guy who isnt even a top 10 WR.

He's not a top 10 WR, or a top 10 flanker or split end, but he is a top 3 slot WR. Granted, he's being paid like an alpha WR, but what he is asked to do he does better than most anyone in the league. It's an overpay but we label 90% of contracts that way nowadays.

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

With how well Cooper is going to do with Gruden this year, I am terrified about what he is going to command.

Amari Cooper is what, 23 years old? Gruden isn't signing him until he bounces around the league elsewhere for like 8 years.

Archived