Reuben Foster charged with felony domestic violence

BroncoSojia

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Wow man if she lied and he gets all the charges dropped I would 100% sue her for defamation considering how much money this will have cost him in his NFL career.

If the charges are dropped you just walk away and be thankful she told the TRUTH. 

He shouldn't try to come after HER for money, that would be rediculous. 

Your point is well taken, if for no other reason than to make all of these people shut up about any supposed 'payoff', but when facing 11 years in jail and you beat the charges, you WALK

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

If the charges are dropped you just walk away and be thankful she told the TRUTH. 

He shouldn't try to come after HER for money, that would be rediculous. 

Your point is well taken, if for no other reason than to make all of these people shut up about any supposed 'payoff', but when facing 11 years in jail and you beat the charges, you WALK

You talkin' crazy, I'd ruin her life as she almost did mine. Don't understand how these females don't get charges and jail time after finding out they be lyin'. So wild to me.

BUT HEY! That's the world we live in.

3 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

You talkin' crazy, I'd ruin her life as she almost did mine. Don't understand how these females don't get charges and jail time after finding out they be lyin'. So wild to me.

I'm right there with you. It's a shame people make false accusations and it's a shame people hit the people they love. There are serious reprocussions when you hit someone, it should be the same on the flip side of it. 

The only way he could realistically sue her, is if he didn't hit her, and he didn't pay her off. IF that's the case, then he should be happy that she told the truth when she really didn't have to. So take your blessings and walk away. Get your life together and go make plays on the field. 

8 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Guy I work with had a grievance filed against him for sexual harassment from another woman who works with us, claiming that he made inappropriate comments towards her.   She showed the text string between the two of them, but she deleted several that incriminated her.     After he showed the full string of texts, it was proven that she actually INITIATED the inappropriate discussion, and now they are trying to sweep it under the rug.   They were so ready to punish him and even fire him before having all the facts, but when stuff came out to incriminate her, she was protected.

So needless to say, if she is lying, I hope she gets what she deserves.   Sadly, so few do.    I want to say more on the matter....but I dont want to hijack the thread.   

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Guy I work with had a grievance filed against him for sexual harassment from another woman who works with us, claiming that he made inappropriate comments towards her.   She showed the text string between the two of them, but she deleted several that incriminated her.     After he showed the full string of texts, it was proven that she actually INITIATED the inappropriate discussion, and now they are trying to sweep it under the rug.   They were so ready to punish him and even fire him before having all the facts, but when stuff came out to incriminate her, she was protected.

So needless to say, if she is lying, I hope she gets what she deserves.   Sadly, so few do.    I want to say more on the matter....but I dont want to hijack the thread.   

Forget Foster suing her for defamation, what is the probability she could get charged for false acquisitions? Is she liable for anything if indeed she did make everything up? @ronjon1990 @jrry32

FWIW, we're kinda veering away from the football angle, which never ends well.    We all know the drill here (I've been guilty many times myself, not throwing stones in a glass house).   At least we'll hear soon, in a week's time.   

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:25 PM, VanS said:

There's a reason people say that "the eyes are the gateway to the soul."  I put a lot of stock into my ability to read people's faces and tell whether they have serious mental issues or are normal.  I saw it pretty early with Reuben Foster that he had the look of a guy with serious issues mentally.  Which is why I was never high on him last year in the lead up to the draft.

Conversely,  I'm very high on Antonio Callaway.  A guy most people don't think should be drafted high because of his "character issues."  I can tell from his eyes that Callaway is a good kid at heart and a change of scenery should help him escape his problems from college and become a SUPERSTAR in the NFL.

I trust my instincts on people's character.  We'll just see how it turns out with Antonio Callaway.  Thus far Reuben Foster's career has gone exactly as I thought it would go.  Some flashes of brilliance mixed with durability issues and character problems. 

I'm not sure about talent evaluation but you definitely have a future in fortune telling

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forget Foster suing her for defamation, what is the probability she could get charged for false acquisitions? Is she liable for anything if indeed she did make everything up? @ronjon1990 @jrry32

Knowingly filing a false police report-even if no conviction or even charges follow-is a crime, look it up. So yes, she is liable, but I highly doubt anything will happen to her, it hardly ever does, inb4 "we can't keep real victims from coming forward".

But back on the discussion of football, if No Goodell still punishes Foster despite the charges being dropped all in the name of protecting his precious shield, then I'm pretty sure it'll leave no doubt who the biggest ****** in the NFL is (SPOILER: not Jerry Jones).

11 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

So speaking strictly about his NFL career, what happens now? He's still a member of the 49ers, right?

Yep. At this point, I think the odds of any sort of conviction are very small, and I'd honestly be surprised if there is even any sort of trial. I think that Gooddell will still throw a punishment at him, up to 6 games, but unless something breaks where it's proven true, he's not going anywhere. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's where it will get interesting. If the charges are dropped does he still get suspended for this? I mean he may get a game or two for the marijuana arrest, but what happens on the DV charge? 

The NFL policy extends to personal conduct.   So the gun charge and the DV original charge puts him theoretically at risk.   Even if no charges are laid.   Neither Josh Brown or Zeke Elliott were criminally charged for the events they got dinged for by the NFL.   But obviously it can’t hurt to get all criminal charges dropped.  

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The NFL policy extends to personal conduct.   So the gun charge and the DV original charge puts him theoretically at risk.   Even if no charges are laid.   Neither Josh Brown or Zeke Elliott were criminally charged for the events they got dinged for by the NFL.   But obviously it can’t hurt to get all criminal charges dropped.  

The difference between Zeke's situation and Reuben's is that the victim in Zeke's case worked with the NFL. I don't see that happening in Reuben's case since she has publicly admitted to lying about it.

But Goodell is full of surprises so who knows...

Archived