Reuben Foster charged with felony domestic violence

BroncoSojia

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

This case if all the above is true sets back DV awareness about 10 years.   Everyone who hears of DV allegations will point to this even when it’s actual DV.    SMH all the way around.   

Yep. You're going to get a lot of morons that personally exonerate their guy because of cases like this one. She should be penalized - heavily - but it's really just a lose/lose/lose situation for her, Foster, and the public. 

The crappy thing as it relates to Foster, is I bet he still gets suspended.

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yep. You're going to get a lot of morons that personally exonerate their guy because of cases like this one. She should be penalized - heavily - but it's really just a lose/lose/lose situation for her, Foster, and the public. 

The crappy thing as it relates to Foster, is I bet he still gets suspended.

I was pretty sure of a suspension as a given before the latest news today came out.   I thought the video would help raise enough doubt, with an uncooperative witness, that the NFL wouldn't know what to do - so use the gun charge to put a suspension on Foster.

With this news, it actually makes Foster look like he got victimized.   That's very different than an alibi and an uncooperative witness.    

Having said all that, it's Roger & the NFL.  Nothing would really surprise me (other than the fact Foster's career looks very safe at this stage, worst-case is a suspension).   This is one of the few times IMO where a court case probably improves Foster's chances of avoiding NFL punishment.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:25 PM, VanS said:

There's a reason people say that "the eyes are the gateway to the soul."  I put a lot of stock into my ability to read people's faces and tell whether they have serious mental issues or are normal.  I saw it pretty early with Reuben Foster that he had the look of a guy with serious issues mentally.  Which is why I was never high on him last year in the lead up to the draft.

Conversely,  I'm very high on Antonio Callaway.  A guy most people don't think should be drafted high because of his "character issues."  I can tell from his eyes that Callaway is a good kid at heart and a change of scenery should help him escape his problems from college and become a SUPERSTAR in the NFL.

I trust my instincts on people's character.  We'll just see how it turns out with Antonio Callaway.  Thus far Reuben Foster's career has gone exactly as I thought it would go.  Some flashes of brilliance mixed with durability issues and character problems. 

uh... thoughts on this bs you spouted?

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I was pretty sure of a suspension as a given before the latest news today came out.   I thought the video would help raise enough doubt, with an uncooperative witness, that the NFL wouldn't know what to do - so use the gun charge to put a suspension on Foster.

With this news, it actually makes Foster look like he got victimized.   That's very different than an alibi and an uncooperative witness.    

Having said all that, it's Roger & the NFL.  Nothing would really surprise me (other than the fact Foster's career looks very safe at this stage, worst-case is a suspension).   This is one of the few times IMO where a court case probably improves Foster's chances of avoiding NFL punishment.

I think he's still suspended. Maybe just a game or two under some umbrella type "conduct detrimental" for the guns and weed

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he's still suspended. Maybe just a game or two under some umbrella type "conduct detrimental" for the guns and weed

Very possible, but it would have to be the gun issue - by CBA they can't ding him for the weed arrest, that's already covered with a 2nd (or more, we only know about the arrest and Combine failed test as 2) strike under the drug policy.

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

You're going to get a lot of morons that personally exonerate their guy because of cases like this one.

Just like all of the people that wanted Ruben to be cut before he had his day in court. It goes both ways. 

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

This case if all the above is true sets back DV awareness about 10 years.   Everyone who hears of DV allegations will point to this even when it’s actual DV.    SMH all the way around.   

Cmon now. Suggesting that this one (relatively small) case is going to set back anything is not true and is being way too dramatic.

If a case(s) from a global "icon" like Chris Brown doesn't have any negative effect years later, then I highly doubt that Foster's case changes the landscape, at all.

If anything, it would have the reverse effect like we have seen since Chris Brown. But I doubt that either, in this instance, because most people don't even know who Reuben Foster is and will probably never hear about this case at all. The same way you and I don't know about Joe Blow from Arch Hills who beat the crap out his wife last Tuesday.

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Just like all of the people that wanted Ruben to be cut before he had his day in court. It goes both ways. 

Sadly. Most people nowadays believe everything they read and already have their minds made up as soon as they read an article or hear a "story" about any offense and are ready with pitchforks. But then disappear when they find out they were wrong. I hate this new generation......

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Sadly. Most people nowadays believe everything they read and already have their minds made up as soon as they read an article or hear a "story" about any offense and are ready with pitchforks. But then disappear when they find out they were wrong. I hate this new generation......

Most people don't even bother reading articles, they just read a headline and assume they know the information. It's a shame, especially when writers come up with catchy headlines to get clicks. 

Also since you bring up Chris brown, the rumor is that Rhianna cheated on him and gave him herpes.. 

Archived