Gameday Thread - Redskins vs. Ravens 8/10 7:30PM EST

MKnight82

Only watched the first half and a bit of the second, had to go to bed for work, but I'm not sure (in what I watched) I could really gauge any of our RB's. Our offensive line was getting worked. I also wouldn't hold it against the QB's but Colt was dancing like a pro behind the line, Kirk seemed stationary and just poor. That gives me pause on not thinking Kirk didn't look too hot.

Still mad he forced that throw to Pryor when he had someone breaking underneath him AND somehow overthrew the 6'4 WR.

56 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

Only watched the first half and a bit of the second, had to go to bed for work, but I'm not sure (in what I watched) I could really gauge any of our RB's. Our offensive line was getting worked. I also wouldn't hold it against the QB's but Colt was dancing like a pro behind the line, Kirk seemed stationary and just poor. That gives me pause on not thinking Kirk didn't look too hot.

Still mad he forced that throw to Pryor when he had someone breaking underneath him AND somehow overthrew the 6'4 WR.

So basically your take is that is preseason for everyone else but Kirk should have been in midseson form? Seems reasonable... lol ? 

On 8/11/2017 at 0:18 AM, MKnight82 said:

Ryan Anderson looked good.  Fuller got burned early.  

I didn't really see Anderson (it might have been when I was putting the kids down), but everyone seemed to talk him up.

Fuller ... yeah ... umm ... it's rust?
Or he's a Hokie.

On 8/11/2017 at 1:48 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

I thought Phil Taylor did a solid job. I wasnt expecting anything much out of him. But he was stout as could be out there.

Originally, I had put "stock up/down for non-starters" but removed it later. Taylor looked very impressive.

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So basically your take is that is preseason for everyone else but Kirk should have been in midseson form? Seems reasonable... lol ? 

Not really. The OL was awful, doesn't matter if it's preseason or midseason they were bad. The QB's sucked, but Colt showed some good things and makes me wish he actually had an arm.This means you can't evaluate the receivers if the QB's sucked. And because none of them were able to do anything, the RB's couldn't' really show off much at all. Though Perrine had a few good moments in pass protection and I thought Thompson looked good again. Wasn't up long enough to see if Brown or Jones played.

Essentially all the QB's sucked, just pointed out I thought Colt showed good pocket awareness and movement as the only redeeming aspect.

On 8/11/2017 at 7:53 AM, MikeT14 said:

I still can't believe we didn't even try for a QB in this draft. Or bring in a 4th QB.

For early picks, we could have bypassed Allen/Anderson for DeShone Kizer (I still think he'll be a good QB); or Moreau for Davis Webb or C.J. Beathard.

For later picks, we could have bypassed Perine/Nicholson for Joshua Dobbs; Sprinkle for Nathan Peterman; Rouiller/Davis for Brad Kaaya; or Harvey-Clemons/Holsey for Chad Kelly.

Only one that would have made any sense would have been Peterman. Eh, maybe Kelly.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:41 AM, mike23md said:

And did you see where Will Compton was? Trailing, cause he sucks. Guano!

To be fair, he was getting up off the turf and taking the second level in case Brown didn't make the tackle.

Of course, he was blocked into the turf which basically put him out of the play.

20 hours ago, Brian23 said:

There are so many negatives in that sentence that I'm not sure what you're saying.

However, I saw nothing from Colt that I would say was "pro"-like.

On 8/11/2017 at 9:59 AM, Jlash said:

I checked in a while ago and I think you guys thought I was trolling, but how did Chase Roullier look last night?

Honestly, the entire offensive line looked like dog doo. I don't recall him doing anything that said "oh wow!" or "oh ... wow ..."

Just now, Woz said:

There are so many negatives in that sentence that I'm not sure what you're saying.

However, I saw nothing from Colt that I would say was "pro"-like.

I was sayin' I didn't want to blame him, and I still really don't I suppose, but I thought Colt moved well in the pocket which made me rethink the original thought.

2 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

I was sayin' I didn't want to blame him, and I still really don't I suppose, but I thought Colt moved well in the pocket which made me rethink the original thought.

Running around in the pocket is one thing, but if you cannot make a throw, it doesn't really matter.

9 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

i was pretty disturbed about our play. idc it was the first game but they looked like they didnt want to be on the field.

At the same time, the Ravens defense looks quite good. Let's see what happens next week against the Packers.

Archived