2 Weeks Out Mock Draft

WindyCity

I saw that the Bears had dinner with him so I looked him up, smells like a raw Tyreek Hill without the baggage. Wouldn't shock me one bit to see us make a move for him -- could be round 5 or 6, could be a UDFA.

Hill went in round 5 with similar combine results (not the end-all-be-all, I know) but had an awful domestic violence charge tagged on him. Curious to see if we draft him, he stated that the Bears clocked him at 4.25 and took him out to dinner after his Pro Day.

13 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I just like a guy with 4.3 speed at the bottom of the draft. Give Nagy a guy with one elite skill or ability and dollars to donuts he can find a role for him. 

When I did the live draft I drafted Keith Marshall in the 7th for that same reason.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=578264&start=15

1 (9) – Myles Jack - S  - still seems promising
2 (56) – Jonathan Bullard – 5T - not looking great but that is a hell of a transition from 4-3 DE to 4-3 3T to 3-4 5T. This year should be telling
3 (72) - Kendall Fuller - CB - Solid pick
4 (113) – Andrew Billings - NT - Went on IR in August of his rookie year - Came on some last year but meh. Still should improve, he's only 23
4 (124) - Dak Prescott – QB - Took him before DAL. Suck it Jerry Jones.
4 (127) - Scooby Wright III - ILB - Overpicked but in a JACK role I still think he could be ok. Needs to be a 2 down player IMO.
5 (150) - Moritz Boehringer - WR/Flex TE - I thought he could be developed, not sure if he could bu MIN gave up pretty fast.
6 (185) - Jakeen Grant - WR/RET - Solid pick here, really \happy with it.
7 (230) Keith Marshall - HB - Wanted that speed as a returner, ust looked and he hasnb't played in a game yet. Keeps racing Kevin White to IR, and keeps winning. lol

12 hours ago, Sugashane said:

No doubt. That defense was Mel-Tucker-in-Chicago-bad. They were 12th worst... out of 129 teams... There were better Div II defenses IMO, as ridiculous as that sounds.

I agree with that type of situation and you guys are most certainly correct, but it still sounds bad that he's the best defender on the worst defense. Just one of my biases. No Kansas players and no Alabama RB.

Kansas draft history. Sayers 1965. Talib 2008. No Jayhawks at all drafted in the 2016 draft. Etc.

33 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

I agree with that type of situation and you guys are most certainly correct, but it still sounds bad that he's the best defender on the worst defense. Just one of my biases. No Kansas players and no Alabama RB.

Kansas draft history. Sayers 1965. Talib 2008. No Jayhawks at all drafted in the 2016 draft. Etc.

There are a lot of guys that are great in the NFL coming from bad or no-name college programs. I don’t know that Armstrong will be one of them but Kansas’ inability to hit on a lot of recruits shouldn’t be held against Armstrong. Going strictly off history nobody should be excited about Darnold either, and Jeff Tedford QBs had a terrible track record in the NFL until Aaron Rodgers. 

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

You guys forgot about Chris Harris. Broncos had a great defense with their 2 top corners being from Kansas. Odd.

Actually, I saw him, but the source, a KU one at that, listed him as a great special teams guy so I kind of devalued him.

Very nice catch by the way.

1 hour ago, howru8888 said:

With our last pick I really want the Bears to draft Quinton Flowers. I don't know why, I can't explain it but I just think that kid is gonna be a star

I want to see us go after Jordan Mailata with the 7th. Let Heistand have him to mold, 6'8" and a lean 345lbs, with a 5.15 (IIRC) 40. 2-3 year project but the Steelers are bringing him in for a visit, so we wouldn't be the only ones interested.

If the team really isn’t sold on O’Donnell I’d be fine with them drafting Michael Dickson out of Texas in the 7th. 

I also have a liking for WR Steve Ishmael from Syracuse late. He’s got some size (6-2 200) and is reportedly a smooth route runner who played outside and in the slot but with just average speed. Was super productive in college though and strikes me as a good multi-position depth guy with upside. 

Archived