House re-signs a 1 year deal

Arthur Penske

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

King, Williams and House as our starting CBs.  Is there a less athletic group in the league?  That's one sorry group of CBs. 

Less athletic...?  Yes, a bunch of NFL teams have less athletic CB trios.. probably close to a 1/3 or 1/2 the teams in the NFL.

Less inspiring group of CBs is probably what you were looking for.

My stance this whole offseason regarding House is that I'm fine bringing him back cheap as CB4 and with King/Tramon in the fold that looks to be the case. Obviously GB has to significantly address CB in the draft since both Tramon/House are 1yr stop-gaps and they don't have their slot CB yet(I don't have any hope regarding Rollins)

3 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Less athletic...?  Yes, a bunch of NFL teams have less athletic CB trios.. probably close to a 1/3 or 1/2 the teams in the NFL.

Less inspiring group of CBs is probably what you were looking for.

No, I meant less athletic.  Over the last 3 years Williams has shown that he needs a 10 or 15 yard cushion to be effective.  He can no longer line up over a WR and run with him.  His age has caught up with him IMO.  House looked slow and terribly athletic last year.  IMO, at this moment, King is the only plus athlete of the bunch. 

House has looked awful for the better part of his last 2 years.  This is the second season in a row in which we are going into the year with House as a one year stop gap.

11 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Putting King in a series of nonathletic players is ignorant and criminal.  

You are right.,  King being athletic magically and suddenly makes House and Williams more athletic.  How ignorant of me, I forget that magic like that happens every day in the league.  Teamate frequently make their peers more athletic just by being listed in the same sentence O.o

Just now, SSG said:

You are right.,  King being athletic magically and suddenly makes House and Williams more athletic.  How ignorant of me, I forget that magic like that happens every day in the league.  Teamate frequently make their peers more athletic just by being listed in the same sentence O.o

I mean, Williams is just so unathletic: 

Tramon Williams against newly minted $84 million man Kirk Cousins last season: pic.twitter.com/wTubGx2Dyo

— Jason Wilde (@jasonjwilde) March 23, 2018

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

When it comes to House, Williams, King, I am fine with that group as long as they don't have a single owie.

Unfortunately that's part of the Davon House experience for his career. Guy is always dinged up which is why having him as CB4 and not CB2 makes a lot more sense. Just not reliable enough to stay on the field

5 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Imagine his face when he found out that Davis didn't arrive with his luggage like they planned.  

Something tells me they didnt put Davis's luggage on the plane..........
I dont know why I think that.....but I do!  :)

16 minutes ago, SSG said:

No, I meant less athletic.  Over the last 3 years Williams has shown that he needs a 10 or 15 yard cushion to be effective.  He can no longer line up over a WR and run with him.  His age has caught up with him IMO.  House looked slow and terribly athletic last year.  IMO, at this moment, King is the only plus athlete of the bunch. 

House has looked awful for the better part of his last 2 years.  This is the second season in a row in which we are going into the year with House as a one year stop gap.

You really picked the wrong guy to argue this point with. 

If Pettine uses press more, a healthy House will be fine.

Archived