Is NFL football your favorite sport?

Twizlers

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Yes.

MLB season is too long

NBA season is way too long

NHL is difficult to watch living in another state

College Football is great but Georgia is a full of inbred Bull Dog fans and way too many incestuous Bama fans.

yeah nba i ignore until playoffs because thats all that matters. playoffs are a couple months anyway. its like season starts there.

mlb, i enjoy the first 50 or less games. gives you a feeling where your team is going. then tune in late season if they are in a playoff hunt. playoff mlb is fun too.

i agree with nhl. i want to like it so bad, but i dont have a local team, and players dont really stand out. the wild is the closest team i root for, but i cant muster super enthu for it.

cfb is like a big single elimination tournament, at least for me, a badgers fan. 1 loss and they are done. so last year was fun 

7 hours ago, KuechTheCat said:

I have to say, though, sometimes it's no fun living in a college town where nearly everybody is a rabid fan of the local team. I mean, I enjoy cheering for the college team, but some people take it waaaaay too far

Tell me about it.  Being in Columbia, SC is the worst, sports talk wise (both person to person and talk radio).

7 hours ago, MathMan said:

cfb is like a big single elimination tournament, at least for me, a badgers fan. 1 loss and they are done. so last year was fun 

An argument I always heard re: CFB > NFL is "Every game matters.  It's so great cause every game matters!"  Except if you lose one.  Then no game matters (this was pre playoffs).  And if that loss happens early?  There goes THAT whole season.  Meanwhile over in the NFL my favorite team can still contend.

NCAAF

NFL/MLB are basically tied, but since MLB plays 162 games plus the playoffs I'm more invested in the NFL on  a game to game basis. However, come playoff time, I'm JUST as invested if not moreso than the NFL as long as the Tribe is in it. Once the Tribe is eliminated, I turn off the TV and sulk.

NCAAB

NBA

Golf: I only watch the major tournaments, but I love watching the majors on a Sunday afternoon

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

NFL, NCAA football, NBA. Used to be a huge baseball fan but it's been 20 years since I have watched a single game. 

I watched a lot of Milw Bucks games back in the 80s but not much today.

Starting to lean towards College Football being my favorite. Nothing is more exciting and entertaining than a great CFB game between rivals on a Saturday night.

Football is king, as NFL would probably be a close 2nd. And then basketball right behind that. No other sport compares to the top 3 (CFB/NFL/NBA) for me though. UFC is great too actually. Forgot about them.

But baseball can go to hell, as well as golf, hockey, soccer, and other mutant sports that exist to put me to sleep.

2 hours ago, DaveDX said:

An argument I always heard re: CFB > NFL is "Every game matters.  It's so great cause every game matters!"  Except if you lose one.  Then no game matters (this was pre playoffs).  And if that loss happens early?  There goes THAT whole season.  Meanwhile over in the NFL my favorite team can still contend.

Yup, I went to an SEC school, and trying to force myself to care about playing Miami (OH) and Tuscaloosa University for the first few weeks was boring. Then if you lose just one divison game your season is pretty much over and you're just cheering for other teams to lose. Blech.

The 4-team playoff is a massive improvement, I'll at least watch that.

Single-elimination playoffs >>>>>>>

Archived