Vontaze Burfict suspended 4 games for PED usage

Woz

I consider myself to be pretty lenient on players who act childish and whatnot but this DB needs to go. There is a fine line between letting your competitive emotions take over in a game and intentionally trying hurt another players career.  

*Kick to face an has the audacity to point as if he didn't do a thing*

vontazekick.0.gif

*Diving at the knees....again* 

*Speaking of knees*

PinkAdvancedBinturong.gif

Burfict-Hit-Ben.0.gif

GlisteningHelpfulCranefly.gif

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Like what exactly? His issues have all been on the field.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't he go undrafted because of issues in college? I know that his interviews at the combine were not good, and that his numbers weren't impressive either. Tested positive for marijuana too. I think he had struggles with his academics in college too. 

Shocking that such a high character individual would violate the rules like this.

Hopefully, he spends those 4 games with Aldon Smith learning how to be a better and smarter man off the field. 

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

A Burfict fine, right on schedule...

Not really fair to him though. Guy can't read and you give him a list of things NOT to take? That's entrapment.

Maybe if they gave him the alphabet along with the list I'd understand, but this is just cruel.

6 hours ago, the lone star said:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't he go undrafted because of issues in college? I know that his interviews at the combine were not good, and that his numbers weren't impressive either. Tested positive for marijuana too. I think he had struggles with his academics in college too. 

I think all you guys who are criticizing Vontaze are mean, and not very nice!

Image result for vontaze burfict

Let's consider some of the unfortunate misunderstandings that have plagued the young gentleman since his college years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vontaze_Burfict

275px-Vontaze_Burfict_vs_Matt_Barkley_20

Burfict (left) pointing at USC Trojans quarterback Matt Barkley in 2011

Burfict originally committed to play for the USC Trojans, but eventually switched to Arizona State on National Signing Day.[18] He joined ASU's 2009 class that included three of his high school teammates.[19] By July 2009, he struggled to meet admission standard based on the NCAA eligibility sliding scale and still had one summer school class to complete.[20] Sun Devils coach Dennis Erickson, who compared Burfict to Ray Lewis,[7]expected him to be academically eligible for enrollment.[21] Burfict did qualify on time for the 2010 football season.

By midseason, Burfict ranked second in the team with 30 tackles despite starting only three of six games, and had five tackles for a loss, two sacks, and three pass break-ups. ESPN named him Arizona State's midseason defensive MVP.[22] In a road game against Georgia on September 26, Burfict collected a season-high 11 tackles (three solo) and one and half tackles for loss. He led the Sun Devils in tackles in five games over the course of the season. By the end of the year, he had collected 69 tackles, seven tackles for loss, and a pair of sacks, and was named a Freshman All-American by College Football News,[23]and by the Football Writers Association of America.[24] He was also honored as the Pacific-10 Conference Defensive Freshman of the Year.

At the start of his sophomore season, Burfict was named First-Team Preseason All-American by The Sporting News. He was also named to the watchlists of the 2010 Rotary Lombardi Award and the Bronko Nagurski Trophy.[25]

On October 6, 2010, Burfict was benched by Arizona State head coach Dennis Erickson. The reason given was Burfict's unusually high number of personal foul penalties.[26] In a game against Stanford, Burfict was called for grabbing the facemask of Doug Baldwin, and—after complaining to the referee—charged with a personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct that gave Stanford a first down at the ASU 7.[27] Two plays later, Stanford scored what turned out to be the winning touchdown.[28]

Burfict finished the 2010 season with a team leading 90 tackles, 8.5 for a loss, and two forced fumbles. The Sporting News selected him to their All-American team, as well as Pacific-10 Defensive MVP.[29] Burfict is ASU's first 1st team All-American since Terrell Suggs.

With senior cornerback Omar Bolden lost for the season to a knee injury, Burfict was expected to take over as the leader of the Sun Devils defense in 2011,[30][31] but eventually had a rather inconsistent junior season. Burfict decided to forgo his senior year at Arizona State and entered the 2012 NFL Draft.[32]

When he entered his junior season, Burfict was regarded as one of the best linebackers available in the 2012 NFL Draft, projected to go as high as the fifth pick.[8][9][10] Problems on and off the field at Arizona State, however, caused his draft stock to plummet. In October 2011, Sports Illustrated′s Tony Pauline still ranked him as the No. 20 prospect on his midseason draft board, but noted that he has been "a loose cannon on and off the field, which has raised red flags."[33]

Burfict entered the NFL Combine rated as the third best inside linebacker, behind Luke Kuechly and Dont'a Hightower, but his "disappointing" performance—including a 5.09 sec in the 40-yard dash, slowest among linebackers—caused some analysts to project him as a third day (Rd. 4-7) draft pick.[34][35] NFL scouts also faulted him for his interview process, in which he blamed the Arizona State coaching staff for his mediocre junior season.[36] Later it was also reported that Burfict tested positive for marijuana at the combine.[37]

Marijuana? Personal fouls? Benchings? Lousy junior season? Blaming the coaches for it? "Loose Cannon"? Poor Combine performance? Slowest 40-yard-dash of all linebackers? Surly interviews?  Big deal!!!!!

Image result for vontaze burfictImage result for vontaze burfict

Let's give the new, and fun-loving Vontaze, another chance!!!

And another thing! I don't think anybody's giving poor Vontaze enough credit for his contributions to society.

There's even a sexy new breed of dog named after him!

Dutch Shepherd - maleMale

Curzon Von Tazer 

Personal Protection, Obedience

Sire Born: 25. September 2013

Curzon Von Tazer

Sorry, sorry, Double post! I was so amused by my own message that I hit "Submit" twice. Feel free to delete, or send Vontaze after me, or something.

And and, and- what about this, for a contribution to society?? That On-Field Player-Control Device that they invented to subdue Vontaze on the rampage has now been adopted by Law-Enforcement Agencies everywhere as a means of downing resisting suspects!!!

The Tazer! Field-tested on unruly NFL Players!

It may not be Burfict, but pretty darn close!

Image result for taser

6 hours ago, the lone star said:

His struggles were a ton of personal fouls in college.  had a bad combine.  Was overweight and out of shape his junior year.

No  marijuana issues that I ever heard of.

And FYI, this failed test was for Adderol to deal with concussion symptoms after the blind side hit from JJSS.  

7 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

His struggles were a ton of personal fouls in college.  had a bad combine.  Was overweight and out of shape his junior year.

No  marijuana issues that I ever heard of.

And FYI, this failed test was for Adderol to deal with concussion symptoms after the blind side hit from JJSS.  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8289b71c/article/nfl-draft-prospect-vontaze-burfict-admits-to-smoking-pot Literally admitted to it.  (Eh I didn't know until I googled it so I don't blame you) 

You can't possibly know that and I doubt that's the case, source if possible?

Burflict is without a doubt a troubled individual and probably needs to take an off-season to just straight up work on himself because this is beyond ridiculous at this point, he's cost himself well over a million in fines and suspensions because of his stupidity and I hope he corrects his behavior in the future.

Archived