My Broncos mock: v2.0

paul-mac

21 minutes ago, champ11 said:

That's definitely true. Just don't like taking a WR super early. 

I don't if the fit isn't right. If we traded back and landed Ridley, I would not be mad, but we'd need to hit other picks. 3 WRs are becoming paramount in today's world.

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I don't if the fit isn't right. If we traded back and landed Ridley, I would not be mad, but we'd need to hit other picks. 3 WRs are becoming paramount in today's world.

I don't like any of the first round receivers really, but I wouldn't be mad if we take Courtland Sutton in round 2.

1 minute ago, paul-mac said:

I don't like any of the first round receivers really, but I wouldn't be mad if we take Courtland Sutton in round 2.

Anthony Miller is my favorite followed by Washington. Love all the extra stuff they do. Christian Kirk as well.

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

i'm not watching next year if we take a wideout round 1 

1 hour ago, broncofan48 said:

With ya there

45 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

It's entirely possible. There's been quite a bit of chatter that Denver views getting younger/talented at the position is a major need,

36 minutes ago, champ11 said:

That's definitely true. Just don't like taking a WR super early. 

14 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

11 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Anthony Miller is my favorite followed by Washington. Love all the extra stuff they do. Christian Kirk as well.

First off, we should recognize @paul-mac 's mock is what he thinks might happen - not what he would like to see.   He said as much in the OP, but it's worth noting.

Next, the big key point to why this would be an awful draft is that WR is a horrible pick for Rd1 - which @paul-mac & @champ11 were alluding to.   None of the WR's mocked to go early are even close to BPA overall, and frankly, it's a weak class for top-end talent.   Yet it's actually a deep class for 2nd-tier, Day 2 talent.   It would be classic bad Elway to reach for WR Rd1, and negate the fact that you can find WR's who aren't a whole lot different overall ceiling/floor-wise, but cost a LOT less on Day 2.   To spend a Day 1 pick would be sheer madness.  And that's before we get to passing on Rosen for this.   

I think we should recognize too that we haven't brought in guys like Miller & Moore & Sutton.   For a Rd 1 or even a 2.8 pick, I'd be surprised if we go there (which really saddens me in the case of Miller, but I also think 2.8 is a little early for him - at 3.7, sign me up).

28 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

First off, we should recognize @paul-mac 's mock is what he thinks might happen - not what he would like to see.   He said as much in the OP, but it's worth noting.

Next, the big key point to why this would be an awful draft is that WR is a horrible pick for Rd1 - which @paul-mac & @champ11 were alluding to.   None of the WR's mocked to go early are even close to BPA overall, and frankly, it's a weak class for top-end talent.   Yet it's actually a deep class for 2nd-tier, Day 2 talent.   It would be classic bad Elway to reach for WR Rd1, and negate the fact that you can find WR's who aren't a whole lot different overall ceiling/floor-wise, but cost a LOT less on Day 2.   To spend a Day 1 pick would be sheer madness.  And that's before we get to passing on Rosen for this.   

I think we should recognize too that we haven't brought in guys like Miller & Moore & Sutton.   For a Rd 1 or even a 2.8 pick, I'd be surprised if we go there (which really saddens me in the case of Miller, but I also think 2.8 is a little early for him - at 3.7, sign me up).

I don't see the point of having a wr visit after meeting at the combine and watching film. Why waste the resources?

Archived