I have nothing better to do mock

Bowler1215

Bears trade 8 to Buffalo for 12 and 65

12) Safety Derwin James  Drafting James does not mean we get rid of Amos, teams have multi DBs on the field at once.  Fangio hasn't had a 3 safety tandem here, now he does

39) ILB Darius Leonard We need linebackers, is Leonard being overlooked?  

65) OC  Frank Ragnow Grasu sucks, Whitehair goes to LG, interior of O-line is fixed

105) DE  Breeland Speaks We need pass rushers badly  Speaks could be a steal here

115) WR  Javon Wims Another weapon for Mitch to throw to

145) OLB Marcell Frazier we need linebackers/pass rushers  

181) CB  Jamarcus King CB depth

224)OT Bentley Spain O-line depth, potential starter at RT?

In nickel, I see this working out with Jackson and Derwin staying deep, Amos moving up with DT to a LB-hybrid role, and then having Fuller, Amukamara, and Callahan as the CBs. Is that what you are envisioning or are you wanting Derwin to do the NB duties instead?

Leonard is interesting. I think he will get washed up by OL with too much regularity, but in passing downs he could be a nickel LB. Not sure he would be worth a second but he was a really active player so maybe he fits the role well.

Mocked King to us a while back, I love the idea of getting him here. Solid tackler, coached up by Muschamp (sucked as a HC but he knows defense), lengthy player, and can add some weight. Nowhere near a finished product, but a lot of raw talent and his issues are coachable. Donatell would do well for him.

Archived