Potential trades in the top 10

onejayhawk

With 4 QB potentially going in the top 5, there is a lot of incentive to move up. Who has the juice to do it? 

After the QB, who would you trade up to get? 

Here is a trade chart: http://www.draftcountdown.com/nfl-draft-trade-value-chart/

Here is the official draft order: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919673/article/2018-nfl-draft-order-for-all-seven-rounds

I can see Denver trading with Cleveland for a QB. If they don't, Buffalo or Arizona might put a package together for the #4 pick. 

I can also see Denver trading down, so that Buffalo, 'Zona, or someone else gets the 4th QB.

For non-QB, I can see Indy trading down a few spots. They are clearly in the market for Quenton Nelson, but they may also have Chubb or Barkley and the top DB on the board. 

J

I believe a Cleveland/Denver trade is quite likely, Cleveland picks up a 2nd or a rd rounder and still gets to draft the positional player they wanted all along, by staying within the top 5 picks. Cleveland desperately needs studs for their team, not just another starter or 2 and studs usually come early in the draft. Denver gets Mayfield or Allen, because Keenum playing outdoors, may not be the same QB he was playing in a dome. 

If Denver isn't interested in moving up, then Cleveland will consider a 2nd option of trading with Buffalo for the 12th and 22 pick in the draft. They will have to settle for potentially a non stud and will not get the positional player they really want, but if Denver will not trade, what other choice do they have???

As for other trades, I could see Cleveland use some of their assets to get back into round 1 if they really want somebody like a Guice!!!

9 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

As for other trades, I could see Cleveland use some of their assets to get back into round 1 if they really want somebody like a Guice!!!

Or they can take a much better RB at 5 with Barkley...

If the Browns have a chance to leave the draft with Darnold AND Saquon and pass, I'm going to be a little irritated. That's the best QB and the best overall playmaker in the draft. I'm gonna be salt if Saquon's there and they do something dumb like trade out of the top 10 or draft Chubb.

I think a Swap of #1 and #2 isnt completely out of the question. If the Browns really want Allen, they could just swap to pick up better assets, and end up with the QB they really want. And if NYG really wants Darnold, what is a mid round pick to get their Future Franchise QB?

Ryan Pace has traded up 2 out of his 3 drafts, and the one he didn’t there was rumors from respected beat guys that he made a very serious offer to trade up for Jalen Ramsey. 

It’s evident when he sees a player he wants he’ll do everything he can to move up to get him. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if he moved up to 5 or 6 if Chubb is still there.

51 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think a Swap of #1 and #2 isnt completely out of the question. If the Browns really want Allen, they could just swap to pick up better assets, and end up with the QB they really want. And if NYG really wants Darnold, what is a mid round pick to get their Future Franchise QB?

Except the only way the Giants feel the need to make that move is if they have a QB that Cleveland has taken.  If Darnold falls, they’ll take him.  Otherwise they’ll either take Barkley/Chubb or move down.

54 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Except the only way the Giants feel the need to make that move is if they have a QB that Cleveland has taken.  If Darnold falls, they’ll take him.  Otherwise they’ll either take Barkley/Chubb or move down.

The Barkley/Cubb is always thrown out there. But when it comes down to it, I just think that the Giants are smart enough to realize Eli is at the end of his rope, and they need to capitalize on this one bad season by setting themselves up for the next 10.

They clearly only want Darnold as the QB they take, and Cleveland seems to realize everyone else has him as the #1 guy, even though they would prefer Allen. That is why a trade (maybe not a massive one) is possible in my eyes. Something like #1+#150 for #2+#69, which allows Cleveland to say we still got the guy we wanted, plus 'player x'. And it lets the Giants to secure the QB they want, because not only could Cleveland take Darnold, they could potentially trade out with some other team (like DEN) who would take him. Very much a bears situation from last year.

19 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The Barkley/Cubb is always thrown out there. But when it comes down to it, I just think that the Giants are smart enough to realize Eli is at the end of his rope, and they need to capitalize on this one bad season by setting themselves up for the next 10.

They clearly only want Darnold as the QB they take, and Cleveland seems to realize everyone else has him as the #1 guy, even though they would prefer Allen. That is why a trade (maybe not a massive one) is possible in my eyes. Something like #1+#150 for #2+#69, which allows Cleveland to say we still got the guy we wanted, plus 'player x'. And it lets the Giants to secure the QB they want, because not only could Cleveland take Darnold, they could potentially trade out with some other team (like DEN) who would take him. Very much a bears situation from last year.

I think it would take more than that - the Bears gave up 2 thirds and a fourth to move up one spot last year for Trubisky. I Think at minimum, to get #1 from the browns, they have to give up 1.2 and their pick in the second round. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it would take more than that - the Bears gave up 2 thirds and a fourth to move up one spot last year for Trubisky. I Think at minimum, to get #1 from the browns, they have to give up 1.2 and their pick in the second round. 

I dont think it would for a couple of reasons;

• it is more of a saving face trade for the Browns than anything else
  • Trubisky was thought, at the time, to be the "only Franchise QB Prospect" where as we have accepted 4+ of them in this draft
  • The Browns' Josh Allen love has been out of the bag

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

That’s what has been most widely reported.  But, there was a report recently claiming Giants coaches like Allen.  Other reports the Giants spent significant time with Rosen, and OBJ has been working out at UCLA.  Other reports the Giants love Bradley Chubb.  Barkley was spotted with a Giants hoody yesterday.  What does it all mean!??  Nobody really knows.

I said this in other threads, but I don’t like a trade down to 12.  I’d trade down to 5 with the broncos and take Chubb or Barkley if we don’t plan on drafting a qb.

I think one of the QB's is going to fall out of the top 5, presumably either Rosen or Mayfield. If that happens, I think Buffalo trades up to 7 and Tampa moves back to 12. Buffalo has an extra 2nd rounder to dangle, and by moving back to 12, I expect the Bucs will still have either Derwin James or Minkah Fitzpatrick available to them.

Archived