First Depth Chart Released

AnAngryAmerican

5 hours ago, champ11 said:

Elway also values corner very very highly. He was willing to pay a premium with Talib, use a first round pick on a #3 corner, etc. I don't think he lets Roby go without an great signing incoming. 

Fair point - it's just I don't think we'll see Elway commit this year, it's not his MO, unless he's certain that guy is elite.   Almost all of our extensions are done in the offseason before the final contract year, or in-season during that contract year.   Roby plays well, Elway likely approaches him for sure, but seems more like next offseason is the time for that.

Billy Winn out with ACL.   Given how badly Kerr and Gotsis showed last night I'm thinking DE could get more depth starting the season.  

It was against 2nd/3rd stringers but one DE guy last night who flashed in the 2H was Shakir Soto UDFA from Pitt.  I'd love to see him get 1H work next week to see if there's more than stash on PS material.  No chance he's good enough to be an immediate solution but if Gotsis doesn't progress we need long term options too. 

What I'd really like to see is Kerr and Gotsis mixed in with the defensive first teamers in the next couple weeks against starters. As part of the rotation, they would be during the season anyway. Throw them in with the sharks and fully expose them. We'll know what we have then and can make moves accordingly.

Outside of Edebali and the No Fly Zone, I was pretty impressed with Crick. Made a few plays. 

So Nelson Adams another UDFA DE who was with Pitt signed.  At least Elway & VJ realize how thin our DE talent is.  Wish they realized it when Jaye Howard was available at min wage but what's done is done.  

I do think this means we will see more Soto next game.  He is more ideal as a PS stash but only DE who flashed in the 2Q/2H.  

Archived