Screw BPA this is a mock for need!!!

Brit Pack

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

That's why this mock is done with a little tongue and cheek as we don't draft explicitly for need but BPA. One thing though is that regardless of BPA or need we are desperate for ILB help. We only got two bodies on the roster at present. Also I'm just sick of us always giving the middle of the field up.

I agree with you. I like what someone like Jack Cichy would bring to the table in the 4th or 5th round . He is very athletic and played with a lot of intensity. If he has overcome his injuries, he would be a steal. 

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I've asked this before, and I'll ask it again.  What exactly about LVE lends anyone to believe that he can play OLB other than his physical attributes?

I don't get what's worth arguing, people see the attributes and watch him attack the LOS on run/pass rush blitzes and think he can do it. He never was asked to play EDGE, so there's no evidence that he can or can't, it's your personal projection. Gesicki doesn't block at PSU, it's your personal projection whether he can or can't in the NFL. Isn't that what the NFL Draft is? Projecting talent and what it can do at the next level. If the draft was watching guys do something in school and then they came in and did the same thing in the pros, there would be no busts.

I support your emphasis on the ILB position, although I'm not quite as gung-ho about it. I think ILB is a position where it is worth taking a player who could be really special. We all saw the difference when Clay Matthews played ILB a few years ago. Offenses needed to worry about him on every play, instead of just walling him off on one side of the field. They should have kept him at ILB. I like the idea of having a dynamic LB who can play either inside or outside, as Clay has done in the past. 

Archived