Seahawks sign former Washington QB Stephen Morris

TheChancellor

36 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

The actions of one team =/= collusion

It establishes that at least 1 NFL team is blackballing Colin K for his political views. That team was open to signing Colin K then backed out as soon as he revealed his political view. Further, didn't something similar happen in Baltimore? Bob McNair also made some comments which spoke to his team refusing to sign someone with political views like Colin K's. Altogether this is direct (team) and circumstantial (McNair) evidence of collusion.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

(Even if it established that) by definition still not collusion.

It's partial evidence, but strictly speaking, you're right. It certainly doesn't reach the standard of evidenceto successful win a collusion. However, let's get away from the collusion charges for a second. Kaepernick doesn't need to prove collusion to win damages against the NFL.

Regardless of what happens with the collusion case, Kaepernick can sue NFL teams for unemployment discrimination  Kaepernick meets all the requirements for such a case prima facie, with perhaps the only question being whether Kaepernick is statistically good enough to be hired by NFL teams above lesser QBs, yet is summarily denied employment because of his political/racial views (i.e. illegal discrimination).

This recent Seattle debacle establishes strong evidence that Kaepernick  denied employment by at least NFL team because of his political/racial views. This runs afoul of federal law and is employment discrimination.

20 hours ago, celestial said:

Regardless of what happens with the collusion case, Kaepernick can sue NFL teams for unemployment discrimination  Kaepernick meets all the requirements for such a case prima facie, with perhaps the only question being whether Kaepernick is statistically good enough to be hired by NFL teams above lesser QBs, yet is summarily denied employment because of his political/racial views (i.e. illegal discrimination).

This recent Seattle debacle establishes strong evidence that Kaepernick  denied employment by at least NFL team because of his political/racial views.

To the first point, how hard would that be to prove for a job with such specific and unique requirements? Beyond a judge box score scouting, how do you quantify how coachable a player is? What his upside is, what the potential negative consequences on the work environment might be.

To your second point, didn't the Seahawks say they "asked Kaepernick for his plan going forward", and they didn't like his answer? I don't believe they said the question was specific to his stance on kneeling though I may be remembering wrong. If the question was non-specific enough the Seahawks should be fine legally, as Denzel said "it's not what you know it's what you can prove".

16 hours ago, celestial said:

It establishes that at least 1 NFL team is blackballing Colin K for his political views. That team was open to signing Colin K then backed out as soon as he revealed his political view. Further, didn't something similar happen in Baltimore? Bob McNair also made some comments which spoke to his team refusing to sign someone with political views like Colin K's. Altogether this is direct (team) and circumstantial (McNair) evidence of collusion.

Well, I think his girlfriend ruined his chance of signing with Baltimore when she essentially compared Steve Bisciotti to a slave owner.

20 hours ago, celestial said:

Colin had a $15 mil dollar contract option that he declined.  He blackballed himself before the NFL did.

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

Well, I think his girlfriend ruined his chance of signing with Baltimore when she essentially compared Steve Bisciotti to a slave owner.

I'm pretty sure Harbaugh, Ozzie, and Bisciotti all rebuked that story because the only person who said that's why we didn't sign him was Ray Lewis. Also, the fact that Joe Flacco didn't miss any time and we didn't pursue another backup QB after Kaepernick speaks to the fact that rather than Kaepernick blowing his shot to be our backup, we evaluated him and decided it wasn't worth it because he was only going to be signed as a stop-gap for Flacco if he was going to miss any significant time. Obviously that didn't end up happening and Flacco played all 16 games.

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

Colin had a $15 mil dollar contract option that he declined.  He blackballed himself before the NFL did.

So because he wanted out of a terrible situation in SF it means he blackballed himself? 

On 4/15/2018 at 5:18 PM, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah I figured that was the case. Still dumb. Shouldn't be up to the Mods to monitor content as long as it relates to football in some fashion; which in this case it does. If it turns into a L v. R debate then shut it down, but until it proves itself to be that, the discussion should be had.

You mean like the conversation that has derailed this thread?

My rough count of topic of posts (including this one, numbers don't add up because a few posts discussed more than one topic):

Morris		7
Kaepernick	26
Forum Rules	4
Other/Unclear	8

21 hours ago, Woz said:

I'm just amused that the title of this thread is "Former Washington QB Stephen Morris ..." when he never even got to OTAs with the Redskins.

I came here to post this.  Glad to see it had already been done.  

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I came here to post this.  Glad to see it had already been done.  

And with @MKnight82's post, the "number of Morris" posts gets back into a tie with "other/unclear" posts. Heck, this follow on post puts Morris back into sole control of second place!

Now we just need to triple the number of posts specific to the guy who is named in the title of the thread to get him into first! C'mon team, let's do it!

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

And with @MKnight82's post, the "number of Morris" posts gets back into a tie with "other/unclear" posts. Heck, this follow on post puts Morris back into sole control of second place!

Now we just need to triple the number of posts specific to the guy who is named in the title of the thread to get him into first! C'mon team, let's do it!

I bet @Jeezy Fanatic could add quite a few Stephen Morris posts for you.

17 hours ago, Woz said:

You mean like the conversation that has derailed this thread?

My rough count of topic of posts (including this one, numbers don't add up because a few posts discussed more than one topic):

Morris		7
Kaepernick	26
Forum Rules	4
Other/Unclear	8

The reason it is derailing other threads (this one included) is because like children we aren't allowed to give the topic it's own thread. So it will continue to be mentioned wherever there is some crossover. Thanks for helping my case for it's own thread.

Archived