Morettis's Last Mock

moretti19

I don't like the pics and positions by round. Adding a first round safety to a group that has a first rounder there and a second rounder there is to me to much draft capital at that position. I'd have to say Edge or CB for round one. Safety just doesn't need that much unless Fitz can play CB or edge. I love the 3rd round TE looks like a player. Rest is players.

This is one of my favorite mocks this year. Fitzpatrick or James are two guys I'm hoping for at 14. I'm not really a fan of the pass rushers this year and I'm ok with the 4 OLB in the roster if Adams and Wilkerson can add interior pressure.

5 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

love it, only had to look at the 1st pick,  if we get Fitz, its like winning the lottery, he's the 2nd best player in the draft next to Barkley.

Fills a pretty huge need, too.  Slot guy.  

I'm unsure if I'd go so far as to call him the 2nd best player behind Barkley, but he's up there...and he has the leadership skills that I think have been missing in GB since Woodson left.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Fills a pretty huge need, too.  Slot guy.  

I'm unsure if I'd go so far as to call him the 2nd best player behind Barkley, but he's up there...and he has the leadership skills that I think have been missing in GB since Woodson left.

I think he could be a elite center fielder as well, thanks for all the compliments and feedback.

No OLB until the fourth round. Again. Maybe they trade back in the second round if this is the way it shakes out, so they can grab an OLB. Other than that, this looks like a good draft, and I give you credit for playing it straight instead of guessing at a bunch of crazy trades. Not that trades don't happen. It's just that they are almost impossible to predict. 

Like the players selected...would actually like to see a second TE who is an inline blocking type added. I like Andrews for future needs, but immediate need wise, a guy like Fumagalli seems to fill better.

I think we could get lucky and have one of FItz or Oliver fall to us, but I will be happily surprised if both do.

1 hour ago, Pilprin said:

Like the players selected...would actually like to see a second TE who is an inline blocking type added. I like Andrews for future needs, but immediate need wise, a guy like Fumagalli seems to fill better.

I think we could get lucky and have one of FItz or Oliver fall to us, but I will be happily surprised if both do.

I dont really understand the mindset of having a inline blocking TE. In today's game. Having two TE's who can stretch the seem or work the middle field zones would be lethal. We just need a willing blocker not a road grade at tight end. Imagine having Jimmy G and another tightend one running a streak down the middle, one sitting in the 12 yrd zone. Good luck guarding that. This would still open up the run game however, with two tight ends on the field that are threats in the pass game,  the defense would probable be in a nickel or dime which should allow for a mismatch in blocking.

For the people saying we need a pass rusher earlier.I think Wilkerson is going to provide HUGE help in that department and getting two guys who can come in a rotate is what we really need. 

Fitzpatrick will be a all pro I believe. I would put him at strong safety which would allow for a lot of different disguises with HHCD. Fitz has shown the ability to excel in deep middle, blitzing, man coverage and tackling. I don't really see a player outside of Chubb that would help our defense more than Fitz.

*Also, Oliver and Fitz are my favorite players in this draft so if we get either I'd be on cloud 9.

12 minutes ago, Pilprin said:

you need an inline blocker...or at least a serviceable blocker to remain balanced as a team. You need to run the ball effectively using TE's. Otherwise why even have TE's? just go 5 wide

The Packers were 5th in Y/A last year with a TE rotation of 

Lance Kendricks: 44.6%

Martellus Bennet: 37.0%

Richard Rodgers: 29.2%

Emmanuel Byrd: 1.1%

You don't need an inline blocker. We're reaching a point in the NFL where a TE's lead blocking skills almost matter more than their in-line blocking skills. 

Going 4 wide or 3 wide with a TE spread out is very common. It pulls a defender out of the box. Why fight a 1v1 blocking matchup with a (hypothetically) 50% success rate when you can move a defender out of the play completely based on alignment?

The Browns were 6th in Y/A with a TE rotation of 

Seth DeValve, David Njokue, Randall Telfer and Matt Lengel

+++

Also, Graham is not a terrible blocker and blocking TEs can be bought at Home Depot

33 minutes ago, Pilprin said:

you need an inline blocker...or at least a serviceable blocker to remain balanced as a team. You need to run the ball effectively using TE's. Otherwise why even have TE's? just go 5 wide

I’m saying having two pass catching tight ends still allows you to run the ball because the defense will line up with smaller players to guard the tight ends. As long as the tight end cac get hands on the guy in blocking that is fine.

51 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Also, Graham is not a terrible blocker and blocking TEs can be bought at Home Depot

Last week when I was there, they worker said a new shipment of them would be in by the last weekend of April. 

Got 3 on order....can never have too many in line blocking TE for today's NFL.

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Last week when I was there, they worker said a new shipment of them would be in by the last weekend of April. 

Got 3 on order....can never have too many in line blocking TE for today's NFL.

I reserved a Zach Miller, hope it's going to be ready in time. Also trying out an Ethan Wolf and a Marcus Baugh

7 hours ago, HammerTime44 said:

I'd be very happy with this draft.

I'd be happy with just about any draft right about now. That said, I should probably head out to the bar, cause an "NFL-style" draft is still a ways off :)

Archived