Fat German becomes NFL commissioner

Fatgerman

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Convince me (well, you know, if ya' wanna) that Sutton will be able to separate in the NFL. He looked slow in film to me, though he has great hands to go with his size.

1. Paired with Gordon, Landry and Miller, he's going to be matched against opposing CB1's and even CB2's very infrequently

2. His size and tenacity allows him to bring down the 50-50 balls even when there's little separation

I think that while separation is a key trait of elite WR's, he could flourish in this offense even if he does struggle with that to an extent. BUT, I will say that speed is not always the reason for separation.

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Convince me (well, you know, if ya' wanna) that Sutton will be able to separate in the NFL. He looked slow in film to me, though he has great hands to go with his size.

Convince you? Ok. Sutton has the frame to not require separation. He can simply box guys out. But, look at the 3 cone. He obviously has quickness we haven't seen. Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall had the same rap, but I'm pretty sure we'd love to have had those guys.

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, we're here posting constantly about a team that went 1-31 over the past two seasons and has been the gold standard for complete ineptitude for the better part of 25 years now. Why on earth would you assume that?

Because I'm not too smart, apparently.

12 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Just when I thought Bosko was king of the hill, a new sheriff comes to town...and I gotta say I love the weapons in ya holster...Guice, Sutton, Miller, Baker. I mean, I don't think it'll happen but HOT DAMN

Of course it won't happen, but thanks. And Bosko can suck it.

7 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I think you kinda answered yourself on this one. Look at those names again. The only one close to a good, starting boundary corner is Gaines, and he's on a one year deal. Everyone else is depth signings or nickel corners. We don't want to be solid or above average at corner to truly compete in the years to come. We want to be great.

Ward and Oliver are two legit outside CBs, our future tandem. I'm going with the strength of this draft, CBs, instead of going against it.

If it's a strength in this draft, why spend so much top capital on it? We paid Carrie to be a starter, and unless we don't want to give any real playing time to Gaines/BBC, I'm not sure there is room. It seems kinda like if we ego safety high with Randall/Peppers backed up by Kindred/Nacua already. I just don't know where fit another starting corner in. What about a pass rusher at either 22 (trade up for Guice instead of Oliver perhaps) it at Oliver's spot and ditch Oliver? Just a thought.

10 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I just can't believe you grouped me in with those knuckledraggers. I'm a knuckledragger dragger; it's totally different. I drag them around, not am them. You really dropped the ball this time, fatgerboi (not "boy", as you are friends with Mind) 

When did I become friends with Mind? Im not saying I don't like the guy, but friends sounds like a commitment. Nude - You're not a knuckledragger, buddy. You're much, much lower. You're like a centaur, except instead of being half horse, you're half jackass. And unfortunately, the other half is you. I'd rather be all jackass than half you.

21 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

If I had to do it all over again, I'd throw an underscore between fat and German. I guess I just assumed you guys weren't complete idiots. My mistake.;):D Either way, it's all good. I couldn't care less what I'm called. I was called Cartman for 2 years in highschool. Didn't bother me. To be fair, I was fat and swore a lot.

Listen here, Fatger Man.  Typos and bad grammar are more memorable than perfect prose.  I thought maybe you were the reincarnation of our old buddy @fatpig. He was a good sort.  You seem a good sort.

Nice mock.  I'm completely off the Barkley train at #4, so I love the Guice pick.  But honestly, I won't completely hate it if we pick Barkley.  It's like being in debt up to your ears, but your wife buys you a Ferrari.  You hate the bad investment, but enjoy the toy.

1 minute ago, ReggieCamp said:

Listen here, Fatger Man.  Typos and bad grammar are more memorable than perfect prose.  I thought maybe you were the reincarnation of our old buddy @fatpig. He was a good sort.  You seem a good sort.

Nice mock.  I'm completely off the Barkley train at #4, so I love the Guice pick.  But honestly, I won't completely hate it if we pick Barkley.  It's like being in debt up to your ears, but your wife buys you a Ferrari.  You hate the bad investment, but enjoy the toy.

Wife buys you a Ferrari?? What kinda first world problems are you having?! I'm worried about my wife buying lavish frivolities like two-ply toilet paper.

But I agree, I am the good sort, just like my predecessor fatpig, even if that is mildly insulting.9_9:D

Fatgerman what happens if you die mysteriously and suddenly. I’m pretty sure we get reinstated. Nude, Kiwi thoughts on this matter ? Oliver is overrated to me. I like Guice at any other pick but 22 because it’s cursed. Not a fan of Sutton. Really like Moore or Kirk at the Oliver pick and take another corner like Davis in the second. 

12 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

If it's a strength in this draft, why spend so much top capital on it? We paid Carrie to be a starter, and unless we don't want to give any real playing time to Gaines/BBC, I'm not sure there is room. It seems kinda like if we ego safety high with Randall/Peppers backed up by Kindred/Nacua already. I just don't know where fit another starting corner in. What about a pass rusher at either 22 (trade up for Guice instead of Oliver perhaps) it at Oliver's spot and ditch Oliver? Just a thought.

Carrie and Gaines start the season as starters with BBC as the nickel. Ward and Oliver backup Carrie and Gaines. By the end of the season, hopefully, Ward and Oliver are the starters. Carrie, used as a nickel previously, competes with BBC for that spot. Gaines, on a one year deal, walks at the end of the year, and Terrance Mitchell becomes the primary backup. 

There's only 3 pass rushers I'd consider at 22; they are Chubb, Landry, and Davenport. I think all 3 are gone by 22, especially with the premium on the position. 

I'm taking 2 corners in the first for the same reason I don't bother trying to find a QB after the 2nd round. This is, in my opinion, a good QB draft, but do I wanna wait til later to select one?? Hell no! 

6 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Fatgerman what happens if you die mysteriously and suddenly. I’m pretty sure we get reinstated. Nude, Kiwi thoughts on this matter ? Oliver is overrated to me. I like Guice at any other pick but 22 because it’s cursed. Not a fan of Sutton. Really like Moore or Kirk at the Oliver pick and take another corner like Davis in the second. 

You come at the commish, Bosko, you better not miss>:(B|

36 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

1. Paired with Gordon, Landry and Miller, he's going to be matched against opposing CB1's and even CB2's very infrequently

2. His size and tenacity allows him to bring down the 50-50 balls even when there's little separation

I think that while separation is a key trait of elite WR's, he could flourish in this offense even if he does struggle with that to an extent. BUT, I will say that speed is not always the reason for separation.

You are correct; speed is not always the reason for separation. I was slow as hell but had constant separation from the girls at school

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

I think you kinda answered yourself on this one. Look at those names again. The only one close to a good, starting boundary corner is Gaines, and he's on a one year deal. Everyone else is depth signings or nickel corners. We don't want to be solid or above average at corner to truly compete in the years to come. We want to be great.

Ward and Oliver are two legit outside CBs, our future tandem. I'm going with the strength of this draft, CBs, instead of going against it.

I actually think Carrie will be a legit outside corner, and if Gains plays lights out for us all season like he played in Buffalo for 10 games last year, do we really want to let him walk in hopes that the two rookies we drafted could be as good?

Though if this is my biggest complaint, were in good shape.

3 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I actually think Carrie will be a legit outside corner, and if Gains plays lights out for us all season like he played in Buffalo for 10 games last year, do we really want to let him walk in hopes that the two rookies we drafted could be as good?

Though if this is my biggest complaint, were in good shape.

Not in hopes that the rookies could be "as good".... In hopes they will be BETTER.  But I do understand what you're saying. If we draft Chubb at 4, this is a non issue. We'd probably only draft one CB.

Archived