Cowboys cut Dez Bryant

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

There is an issue Dez created though if he does end up signing with a NFCE team now - his statement would be very clear confirmation that a team contacted him before he was officially cut.  

It would be ironic that Dez would start off with a new team by hurting them before he even gets on the field.   O.o

Do we know if the Cowboys allowed Dez and his agent to field trade offers ? If so , then no tampering.

Just now, Broncofan said:

TBH, Dez's best days are behind him.   He doesn't win contested catches, and he's no longer able to separate.    Your O works on hammering the best matchups that week - Ertz most weeks, and depending on which D you're facing, Jeffery/Agholor & deep guy, plus the RB's.    I really don't see that it makes a huge diff to have him on your O or not.   It's great without him, and I'm not really seeing where he upgrades you given who plays the role.   

I agree it's moot given your cap situation, but Dez isn't that alpha WR1 anymore.  If he was, DAL wouldn't be cutting bait.

It's Dak if you ask me. Dez had to break up like 10 would be INT's thrown by Dak last season.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's Dak if you ask me. Dez had to break up like 10 would be INT's thrown by Dak last season.

If it was just last year, I'd agree with you that could explain it.  But Dez was the same fading talent in 2016, when Dak & Zeke were there and Dak was playing well.  

Just now, Broncofan said:

If it was just last year, I'd agree with you that could explain it.  But Dez was the same fading talent in 2016, when Dak & Zeke were there.  

Dez played 9 games in 2015, with god knows who at QB. And Dak and Dez are just like oil and water, their preferences and playstyles don't mesh well. 

2 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I’m guessing that Dez will play a lot better on a new team.  I don’t think that Dak is very good.  He seems really overrated IMO.

Agreed

Dez is not what he once was, but I don't think Dak knows how to throw guys open. 

19 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

They couldn't trade him?

Wouldn't mind the Fins taking a look.

Miami signed Amendola & Wilson to multi-year deals and have $5m in cap space at this moment. Ain't happening, Dez will be signing a 1 year $8m+ deal somewhere as a prove-it contract.

Archived