Dez

LoganF89

So he got released today and his last words were I’ll see you guys twice this year.

so that could mean 3 things

skins

giants

eagles

eagles have no cap room, unless he litterally signed for vet min

giants could sign him with Odell, dez, Shepherd, engrem, and possibly Barkley would completely change their offense and make it a force to be reckoned with 

skins- we could use a WR and I’m scared that if we do try and get him it will be for too much money and stunt the growth of doctson. But with that said I wouldn’t necessarily hate the idea also, if he’s not an every down player, I just don’t know if they plan on Richardson being every down

Doctson,Bryant,Richardson,Crowder,Harris,Davis could be a potential WR core for us

If they use Richardson how they used Djax when we had him I could possibly see us signing dez. If Richardson is just a one trick pony going deep I would understand a dez signing under the  right price. I wouldn’t pay him more that 5 mil tho, but that also would prevent us from signing Hankins if that’s still even a possibility 

2 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Image result for meh gif

I couldnt be opposed considering he would give Smith a reliable target, I mean, its not like Reed will be around, and Doctson is still developing.

Docton needs reps to develop though.  Richardson is going to start.  Crowders in the slot.  If you sign Dez you're basically pushing Doctson to the bench.

So the plan is to sign ANOTHER number 2 receiver that can't get separation?

Look, guys, honestly, it's time to come to Jesus about this team's receivers: They aren't great at getting separation. In fact, we have a team that is basically nothing but possession receivers. No really, here are the stats: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation. Even our "speed" guy is only getting 2.4 yards of separation. Now, remember that we just signed Alex Smith after a career year. In that year, he had Albert Wilson, who led the league in separation at 4.1, and  Tyrek Hill, with 3.5. It's pretty obvious that this is a guy who only throws to dudes who are wide open.

None of that describes Dez Bryant. Maybe once upon a time it was, but it isn't anymore. We do not need another number 2 on this team. We certainly don't need someone who is a prima dona headcase like Bryant.

No. He and Doctson ply the same position and Doctson needs every rep we can give him. Dez is on the downside of career and Doctson has shown to be an extremely athletic WR who can high point balls way above all DBs, he just has to work on making sure he completes the act of catching the pass after he plucks it in the air.

According to Mike Jones of USA Today, free agent Dez Bryant is not on the Redskins' "radar."

After being released by Dallas on Friday, Bryant said, "I'll see you guys twice this year," implying his desire to sign with another team in the NFC East. Apparently that team won't be the Redskins, who are planning to stand pat with Josh Doctson, Jamison Crowder and Paul Richardson as their top receivers. Bryant isn't the player he once was, falling short of 1,000 yards in three straight seasons while also leading the league in drops in 2017. Despite this, the 29-year-old is still a proven touchdown scorer and shouldn't struggle for interest on the open market.

tenor.gif?itemid=8967594

4 hours ago, Slateman said:

So the plan is to sign ANOTHER number 2 receiver that can't get separation?

Look, guys, honestly, it's time to come to Jesus about this team's receivers: They aren't great at getting separation. In fact, we have a team that is basically nothing but possession receivers. No really, here are the stats: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation. Even our "speed" guy is only getting 2.4 yards of separation. Now, remember that we just signed Alex Smith after a career year. In that year, he had Albert Wilson, who led the league in separation at 4.1, and  Tyrek Hill, with 3.5. It's pretty obvious that this is a guy who only throws to dudes who are wide open.

None of that describes Dez Bryant. Maybe once upon a time it was, but it isn't anymore. We do not need another number 2 on this team. We certainly don't need someone who is a prima dona headcase like Bryant.

Hence why some of us weren't wowed by his 2017 stats

Archived