UPDATE- Boldin Retires after 2 Weeks with the Bills

Kmart128

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:
1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

The Patriots had guys in similar situations that wound up being unexpected camp bodies like Torry Holt

Well according to the first depth chart that the Bills released:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-release-first-unofficial-depth-chart-/75a39d5c-7c83-4b23-a4a0-4d56b8074cb3 &nbsp

That doesn't appear to be the case here.

IIRC Holt was listed as a WR2 behind Moss that year heading into pre-season. The other guys were a doghoused Brandon Tate, a yet to be realized Julian Edelman, 4th round rookie Taylor Price, and David Patten who retired on July 30th that year. 

21 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

If Sammy stays healthy they have a great playmaker outside. There are high hopes for their rookie WR as well. Tyrod is serviceable at QB, especially with such a good running game. 

he can't stay healthy though. that's a big issue.

they have Andre Holmes opposite him starting, but he's probably better off as a #4 receiver. Zay Jones I'm guessing will start the year in the slot, but he has some potential.

Boldin might still be a serviceable receiver even at his age, but probably not someone you want to rely on. Clay and Taylor are serviceable starters.

I don't think Buffalo has a lot of weapons.

17 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

he can't stay healthy though. that's a big issue.

they have Andre Holmes opposite him starting, but he's probably better off as a #4 receiver. Zay Jones I'm guessing will start the year in the slot, but he has some potential.

Boldin might still be a serviceable receiver even at his age, but probably not someone you want to rely on. Clay and Taylor are serviceable starters.

I don't think Buffalo has a lot of weapons.

Holmes is better than a #4 receiver in terms of talent. He just didn't get many opportunities on a pretty damn good receiving group and he probably could have been better than Roberts last year tbh. He's also excellent in the redzone and on fades/backshoulder. I'd say he's a #3 receiver ideally.

the starting wr' s will be:

Matthews

Jones

Boldin

Streater

Lewis

Tate

Rod Streater and Zay Jones have to be breakout players for us to make the playoffs. otherwise they'll stack the run, and laugh the passing game out of town.

8 and 8 is what I see. somebody unknown is going to step up.

Holmes , you're right, is not impressive, but he'll take a roster spot.

12 hours ago, jalopy jamoke said:

the starting wr' s will be:

Matthews

Jones

Boldin

Streater

Lewis

Tate

Rod Streater and Zay Jones have to be breakout players for us to make the playoffs. otherwise they'll stack the run, and laugh the passing game out of town.

8 and 8 is what I see. somebody unknown is going to step up.

Holmes , you're right, is not impressive, but he'll take a roster spot.

Holmes will probably be starting opposite Jones week 1.

On 8/15/2017 at 9:35 AM, ChiefMoccanooga said:

I have a feeling he will retire a few games into the season. The same with Andre Johnson went out for us. Hell of a career. Mind wants to play, but the body won't let it. 

Good call

He didn't make it that far though. 

Happened to Patriots before with Reggie Wayne but wow what a jerk move by Boldin. If he felt that way why even sign. He had over a week to think about his decision... as of now top 3 is Zay, Matthews, and Holmes. Guess we will be looking for surprise cuts at the reciever position. 

I just drafted Matthews in fantasy late in a ppr so this should atleast get him more targets for me.

43 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Happened to Patriots before with Reggie Wayne but wow what a jerk move by Boldin. If he felt that way why even sign. He had over a week to think about his decision... as of now top 3 is Zay, Matthews, and Holmes. Guess we will be looking for surprise cuts at the reciever position. 

I just drafted Matthews in fantasy late in a ppr so this should atleast get him more targets for me.

He wanted to see if his body would let him still go and it wouldn't.

Archived