UPDATE- Boldin Retires after 2 Weeks with the Bills

Kmart128

3 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

No to anyone with morals. Thats like saying that you are gonna donate to hurricane harvey relief efforts  and back out at thr last second. You dont say you are going to do humantiarian stuff then back out... especially with hurricane harvey and hurricane irma on its way

you do know that he hasn't stopped his work in communities, right?

On 9/4/2017 at 4:57 PM, steadypimpin said:

yes there is. He took the Bills job because he didn't really have any other offers IIRC. Now that NE needs a possession guy he wants to "unretire". It's crap and you know it. 

In yet it's the NFL and if Boldin went on the Bills and played like crap they wouldn't hesitate to cut him and not give him any money from the contract aside from the guaranteed stuff. But all of a sudden he goes on a team that proves it's not committed to winning this year and he decides he wants out he's a jerk with no loyalty. It's business. 

7 hours ago, lancerman said:

In yet it's the NFL and if Boldin went on the Bills and played like crap they wouldn't hesitate to cut him and not give him any money from the contract aside from the guaranteed stuff. But all of a sudden he goes on a team that proves it's not committed to winning this year and he decides he wants out he's a jerk with no loyalty. It's business. 

I'm always for the players because teams have no loyalty, but at least be honest, sheesh.

If Boldin signed with a team and they go into tank mode, I can understand him looking at the situation and thinking, "rather than waste my time just collecting a paycheck I'd rather spend more time doing stuff in the community". But then the Pats might have an opening, and the thought is "Hey, I wouldn't mind spending time with them this season because they actually compete and it could be worthwhile and productive, but I can still do my stuff in the community on the side."

Just because a man doesn't want to waste his time for a franchise that doesn't care about this season doesn't make him a bad person, if anything it shows he doesn't want an NFL job to merely collect paychecks.

• 1 month later...

Thread back from the dead.

Retired wide receiver Anquan Boldin has expressed interest in playing again and the Buffalo Bills have given his agent permission to explore trades with other teams.

In a letter obtained by ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Bills granted Tom Condon, agent for the 14-year veteran of the NFL, permission to speak with other teams "for the sole purpose of discussing a trade for Anquan."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21173500/anquan-boldin-considering-return-buffalo-bills-letting-agent-shop-him

Archived