Less predictable picks

sammymvpknight

I’ll start.

Saints...mocks say that they will get a TE or LB...so all of the TEs and LBs are ineligible. The guys who I think have the highest likelihood of being drafted NOT from those positions are Rudolph and Wynn. I think both will likely be gone by #27, so my final pick is Will Hernandez. 

The Saints have Andrus Peat and Larry Warford...why? Terron Armstead comes I two flavors: injured or about to be injured. And, Max Unger is aging and likely won’t start for more than a year or two. Andrus Peat has the ability to slide over to LT if needed (and when needed when Armstead gets hurt). Hernandez is the prototypical Saints 1st round selection...productive, team leader, hard working. 

Harder to do for teams near the top.  In mocks where Chubb/Barkley/Nelson are already off the board, I have seen Minkah Fitzpatrick, Tremaine Edmunds, and Denzel Ward quite a few times to the Colts.  But I think the best bet might just be Roquan Smith in that scenario.  

A) We are desperately lacking LBs.  Might be our worst position group, and that's saying something.

B) He is an absolutely perfect fit for the Tampa 2 defense we will be implementing.  Ballard and the coaches have preached speed, instincts, and hitting.  Who does that sound like?

C) Most have him going to OAK at 10 or MIA at 11 anyway, so it's not like it's a massive reach.

Archived