Bears sign Bennie Fowler- 1 year deal

beardown3231

12 hours ago, G08 said:

lolololol

Somewhere.... @WindyCity [intimately celebrates with oneself] feverishly

Bennie Fowler is the lynchpin of our WR depth. Forget a rookie - we need to give those targets to BENNIE GD FOWLER or the excrement is gonna hit the fan! If Robinson or Gabriel gets hurt BENNIE GD FOWLER is gonna be the piece preventing the stunting of the growth of one Mitch Trubisky! 

Can’t you hear it now??! 

BEN-NIE! BEN-NIE! BEN-NIE!

12 hours ago, G08 said:

lolololol

Somewhere.... @WindyCity [intimately celebrates with oneself] feverishly

Bro he lives in Canada - it’s gotta be feverishly done or he’s risking frostbite. Now, I’ve never had frostbite personally, but I imagine that one of the least desirable places to get it would be on my crank. 

I really like this signing. He is someone I had in my offseasons, but I figured he would have been RFA tendered.

He is a very solid addition at #3, more likely #4. 

What to like,

-Last season was exactly what the Bears need 56 targets, 29 catches, 350 yards and 3 TDs. If he can fill that role it would be awesome. Takes the pressure off a rookie to do that.

-He can play on the outside. If Robinson gets injured he is at least physically capable of playing the positon. Not having somone who can even fill the role would mean the offense needs to change.

-He has been very productive on special teams, which might mean my dream of Bellamy being gone is one step closer.

Of the remaining WRs he is one of a few where there may be more there than has been shown.

If he is the #4 that would be ideal.

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I really like this signing. He is someone I had in my offseasons, but I figured he would have been RFA tendered.

What to like,

-Last season was exactly what the Bears need 56 targets, 29 catches, 350 yards and 3 TDs. If he can fill that role it would be awesome. Takes the pressure off a rookie to do that.

-He can play on the outside. If Robinson gets injured he is at least physically capable of playing the positon. Not having somone who can even fill the role would mean the offense needs to change.

-He has been very productive on special teams, which might mean my dream of Bellamy being gone is one step closer.

Of the remaining WRs he is one of a few where there may be more there than has been shown.

I think the team would LOVE if Fowler and a draft pick make Bellamy entirely expendable. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

What to like,

I'm giving this a "Like", even tho I can't give likes yet lol :)

Archived