Lost in Space (Netflix Original)

MacReady

First episode was alright.  I'm a little afraid that this is going to turn into some crappy family drama.  Nobody cares about the family drama points.  Just show us cool planet exploring, space lost in episodes with cool creatures and action with a solid antagonist. 

I'm still a little skeptical of Parker Posey, but looks like she might be alright as an antagonist. 

Halfway through the third episode and Parker Posey has won me over.  She's creepy and I don't know yet if she's just absolutely insane or just really demented, but I like her Dr. Smith a LOT more than I thought I would. 

Maybe it's just because I was obsessed with the Lost in Space movie when it came out, but I really like it so far and don't understand how it has such a low rating on IMDB.  It does feel a little bit like a network television family drama, but it has Netflix production quality, so I'm a little hooked. 

It's getting crappy.  Turning into a crap family drama in space.  Really don't like how many people are in this show, and now they're introducing a romance angle for the 16-year-old girl and it's like... How do you mess up a story about a family being lost in space? 

19 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

First episode was alright.  I'm a little afraid that this is going to turn into some crappy family drama.  Nobody cares about the family drama points.  Just show us cool planet exploring, space lost in episodes with cool creatures and action with a solid antagonist. 

just watched the first episode and same thoughts. gonna keep watching cause it looks nice and is kinda fun, but yeah characters and dialogue are ******* awful lol.  

23 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's getting crappy.  Turning into a crap family drama in space.  Really don't like how many people are in this show, and now they're introducing a romance angle for the 16-year-old girl and it's like... How do you mess up a story about a family being lost in space? 

That’s disappointing. Let us know how it is after you finish it. 

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

That’s disappointing. Let us know how it is after you finish it. 

I don't think I'm a fair judge.  I still really, really, really like it.  I'm trying to remain unbiased, but I can't.  Lost in Space has such a nostalgic quality for me that it could be worse than it is and I still think I'd like it.  I definitely like it, but I also think it's crap, but I also think 90% of network television is crap, and Lost in Space is on par with network television. 

If you liked Tera Nova or whatever that was on Fox, you'll like this.  Lots of stupid family drama, but awesome effects and production quality with some pretty cool characters and space exploration. 

I only watched the 1st episode and I am probably not going to watch anymore. So maybe I am totally off but... it was just ok. The special effects were pretty good although quite CGI heavy. My thing is I have absolutely no fear that any of these characters are actually ever really in danger. "Oh no Will is in trouble.. how will he ever survive this" ¬¬ and the planet they are on is way too Earth like. Doesn't even feel like it's in space. Feels more like they crash landed in Antarctica or Siberia. I love space Sci Fi stuff but outside of the throwback scenes nothing on the planet even feels spacey. Gets a big fat "meh" from me. Should I watch more?

13 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

I only watched the 1st episode and I am probably not going to watch anymore. So maybe I am totally off but... it was just ok.

You're not wrong, it's totally just okay, and I don't think many people who aren't nostalgic for the 90's movie will love this show. 

the planet they are on is way too Earth like.

This isn't true. 

Should I watch more?

I have a feeling that after this first season, if there is a second season, they will move away from the single planet community type show and that they'll actually have to focus on being lost in space versus lost on planet with entire community also lost on same planet.  First season is very family drama in space without much space, but the show is heading towards being more true to what the actual appeal to Lost in Space is... A family being lost in space. 

• 1 month later...

I'm three episodes into Lost in Space right now. I'm enjoying it, I don't know what I think about some of the acting, mainly Will, but there are interesting characters and I'm curious to see where it goes. Parker Posey does a good job in the show for sure.

Archived