NFL Preseason
Friday, August 11, 6:00 PM on NFLN
Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri

San Francisco
49ers
@
Kansas City
Chiefs

Figured we would just get this started now. 

Obviously, starters won't be in there much, but that's okay. As usual, more interested in some of the younger guys and see how they perform. Really want to see Breida perform, of course, and how the cornerbacks perform. Armstead should play sparingly, I would assume, but his transition to the leo will be a big watch. For the brief series that they are in, I want to see the offensive line against the starters for Kansas City. Can Beathard continue to out perform Barkley and secure the back up spot? Also, curious to see if we can sort through some of the depth chart chaos. 

On the other side, I'm actually interested to see what Mahomes looks like. Given that I was not a huge fan of his at all and though he was a mid round project, I want to see what he looks like in game action and see if he was worth a top 10 pick that some people felt he was worth. 

Looking forward to seeing Thomas get some solid burn. I think he should play at least a quarter, if not the first half. Also, want to see the rookie safeties and DJ Jones.

I was a Mahomes guy so definitely intrigued to seeing him as well. By all reports he has been very solid in camp and ahead of schedule.

I am pumped. Pumped for first team, second team, and third team guys this year. A lot of new faces that could contribute in new roles. 

I'm going to hold off on stickying game day threads until game day, at least for the preseason. I want to see if they organically come back to the top of the forum. 

8 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I am pumped. Pumped for first team, second team, and third team guys this year. A lot of new faces that could contribute in new roles. 

I'm going to hold off on stickying game day threads until game day, at least for the preseason. I want to see if they organically come back to the top of the forum. 

They will, if only because I get bored while working and go on random posting tears....

This is the most excited I can remember for a preseason game in a while. This entire game is going to be fun with all the new young players we have. I'm pretty pumped about everything happening with this team right now too be honest. I feel like the arrow is definitely pointing up for this team's future.

Tight end George Kittlewas held out of practice with a hamstring injury. Shanahan said afterwards that he'd be surprised if Kittle is able to go on Friday. 

Don't like this start for Kittle. He's missed a lot of camp so far, and to miss valuable preseason reps really stinks. 

Dontae Johnson has also been ruled out for the game it looks like. Out indefinitely with a concussion. 

...However...

Looking at that tweet another way, perhaps the most interesting information is what wasn't written. This means Kittle, who was supposedly out with a hamstring strain, made the trip. Still doesn't mean he'll play, and Shanahan still said he was doubtful, but it's just a note. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Right now it's Barkley first. But Beathard and him are expected to split time after Hoyer gets a drive. 

Yeah, and honestly, I"m not all that concerned about game 1 with regards to the depth chart ordering. I want to see where it's at come game 3. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, and honestly, I"m not all that concerned about game 1 with regards to the depth chart ordering. I want to see where it's at come game 3. 

Agreed - or perhaps more importantly for a backup competition - game 4. If Beathard goes in first and has a short night, that's not a good thing for Barkley. 

Archived