Preseason Wk 1: 49ers v Chiefs GDT

Forge

I agree, he's an average all around WR and wouldn't be terrible as a depth piece. Only thing is typically your WR 4/5 are playing some type of role on special teams and your WR 6 isn't dressing on gamedays. I don't neccesarily see Kerley running down the field on kickoff or being kept on the final 53 just to not dress on game days. We shall see though, I won't be too disappointed in way or another just as long at Kerley doesn't take away too much field time from Robinson and Taylor. Both of those guys offer more play making ability than Kerley ever will IMO.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Honestly it being the first game with a new scheme, new coaches, more than half the team being new players and a lot of youth on the field I'm not, nor was I, very surprised. Add in the fact that we are still in the bottom third of the league in the talent department. As good as we all feel about the new regime, turning the page on the past couple years and the updates we are getting from camp we shouldn't be expecting dramatic changes this year. It should and I believe will get a lot better as the year progresses but for now I'm really just watching for specific players to show up so that we can begin to rebuild this team around. Our rookies, drafted and undrafted, really showed well. It's nice to see a more focused and productive Lynch. Aldrick Robinson's addition may have flown a little under the radar in our roster turn over in a positive way. Our run defense looked much better. Things such as though are what I'll be paying attention to throughout the year.

Archived