BUF G Richie Incognito "unretires", released by BUF, held for psychiatric evaluation

Broncofan

If this isn't good enough to warrant another thread, apologies - but looks like Incognito's "retirement" was more about money.

Once BUF put him on the reserve/NFI list - he owed them the $1M bonus they recently paid him, plus 1.1M of the original signing bonus.

So, a few days after firing his agent, Incognito retires...finds out that decision cost him 2.1M...and then "unretires".  Here's the thing - the Bills don't have to take him back now.  They can decide to leave him on the reserve/NFI list.   And still ask for the 2.1M back, too.   Monday should be really interesting in BUF.  O.o

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Respect that move.

Theres really no reason to not take him back right? He’s still a good player 

In theory, 100 percent fair take.

In practice, once a guy starts saying the R word and pulls it out there in public - it's rare to see a guy stay at the prior level of performance.

It's a good attempt to spin it as a "joke" - for BUF to put him on the reserve/NFI list....they weren't laughing, apparently.

3 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Man he's making a fool of himself.  

Meh. He’s coming back to save himself 2.1m

As long as he puts effort in this year and isn’t just going through the motions 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

In theory, 100 percent fair take.

In practice, once a guy starts saying the R word and pulls it out there in public - it's rare to see a guy stay at the prior level of performance.

It's a good attempt to spin it as a "joke" - for BUF to put him on the reserve/NFI list....they weren't laughing, apparently.

Yeah I should’ve clarified. If he comes back and tries and puts in the effort to avoid paying 2.1m, even though he was mentally checked out... that’s pretty cool imo

if he comes back and just goes through the motions for a paycheck obviously that’s not cool lol

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'm going to guess the livers and kidneys aren't failing.  

There Are scales of liver and renal failure. 

At first it just enzymes out of wake without symptoms. Also anti inflammatory drugs are awful for liver and kidneys. He could play once per month without them but probably not more. 

O wonder if it is in their contracts that they have to do what the dr states.

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

There Are scales of liver and renal failure. 

At first it just enzymes out of wake without symptoms. Also anti inflammatory drugs are awful for liver and kidneys. He could play once per month without them but probably not more. 

O wonder if it is in their contracts that they have to do what the dr states.

I'm pretty sure he'll need his liver and kidneys every game he plays.  ;)

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah I should’ve clarified. If he comes back and tries and puts in the effort to avoid paying 2.1m, even though he was mentally checked out... that’s pretty cool imo

if he comes back and just goes through the motions for a paycheck obviously that’s not cool lol

Well, doesn't he want to go to the HOF? Doubt he gets there by phoning in his last year/s. I'd wager if he is on the field he will be the same tough ahole he's been unless the body is breaking down.

Archived