BUF G Richie Incognito "unretires", released by BUF, held for psychiatric evaluation

Broncofan

52 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You’d be surprised how many people defended Richie for that and used Martin having a mental breakdown years later as proof that it was all bs. You know despite Richie’s history and all.

A friend of mine played college football with Colton Schmidt (the bills punter). Apparently Richie and my buddy are friendly and I've been told he is a super nice guy .. not sure what to make of it but my friend is adamant that he is a good dude. 

He has had a rep as a dirty player for a very long time. I don't believe he used racial slurs like the jags players accused, but I don't think he's some teddy bear either. 

He needs... Something

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

You’d be surprised how many people defended Richie for that and used Martin having a mental breakdown years later as proof that it was all bs. You know despite Richie’s history and all.

Martin is just as much a headcase as Richie is if not moreso.

Former Buffalo Bills guard Richie Incognito has issued an apology to Mike Zimmer and deleted his tweets from earlier in the day calling the Minnesota Vikings head coach a “f–king liar” for saying the team wasn’t interested in his services.

Richie Incognito✔@68INCOGNITO

I would also like to apologize to Coach Mike Zimmer. My bad dude! Tony was a father figure to me. Still dealing with his loss.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/08/richie-incognito-issues-apology-to-mike-zimmer-deletes-tweets-calling-him-a-liar/

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Martin is just as much a headcase as Richie is if not moreso.

He is, but he was never the trouble maker Richie was and people wanted to believe he was a softy who blew Richie’s frat boy mentality out of proportion 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

He is, but he was never the trouble maker Richie was and people wanted to believe he was a softy who blew Richie’s frat boy mentality out of proportion 

wait, martin alludes/threatens to shooting people, posts a picture of a shotgun and hes less of a trouble maker? what did incognito do worse than that?

• 2 weeks later...

Free-agent offensive lineman Richie Incognito has had a difficult and troubling few days, starting with the death of his father over the weekend. The Scottsdale, Arizona police department has confirmed that Incognito was arrested Monday on counts of disorderly conduct and threats arising from an incident at Messingers Funeral Home in Scottsdale. As of this posting, Incognito remains in custody.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/21/richie-incognito-arrested-for-disorderly-conduct-threats/

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Free-agent offensive lineman Richie Incognito has had a difficult and troubling few days, starting with the death of his father over the weekend. The Scottsdale, Arizona police department has confirmed that Incognito was arrested Monday on counts of disorderly conduct and threats arising from an incident at Messingers Funeral Home in Scottsdale. As of this posting, Incognito remains in custody.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/21/richie-incognito-arrested-for-disorderly-conduct-threats/

Guy with obvious temper/mental issues dealing with extreme tragedy and greed of private businesses looking to capitalize on emotional misfortune of others is a very, very, very bad combination.

31 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Wow... Crazy that he was arrested at his own fathers funeral... No idea what the funeral home did to send a guy off the edge like this.

I feel for Richie and hope he gets the help he needs. It's like the guy doesn't know what to do with his life without football in it and now he lost someone very important in his life. Very sad.

Former NFL offensive lineman Richie Incognito threatened to shoot the staff of an Arizona mortuary Monday during an altercation, according to Scottsdale police, as arrangements were being made for his father's funeral. Scottsdale Police Sgt. Ben Hoster said in an email to USA TODAY Sports “multiple guns” were found in Incognito’s vehicle.

Incognito became "upset with staff and began to damage property inside the business and shout at employees," Scottsdale police said in a statement to USA TODAY Sports. He was was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and criminal threats, both misdemeanor charges. He remained in custody Tuesday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/08/21/richie-incognito-arrested-funeral-home/1052288002/

17 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He is clearly suffering from a personality disorder this was evident going back to his Miami days, he was good at hiding it in Buffalo but the man is clearly mentally unwell and needs help.

100 to 1 odds his brain is essentially tbat of a 90 year old. haow much help is really out there for cte?

Personality disorder + CTE + family death + clearly not taking whatever medication helped get him normalized for 3 years in BUF = Potential for really bad stuff.

Hope he gets help. Kid has all my empathy until he harms someone else. He hasn't done that, but it sure could happen at this rate.

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Former NFL offensive lineman Richie Incognito threatened to shoot the staff of an Arizona mortuary Monday during an altercation, according to Scottsdale police, as arrangements were being made for his father's funeral. Scottsdale Police Sgt. Ben Hoster said in an email to USA TODAY Sports “multiple guns” were found in Incognito’s vehicle.

Incognito became "upset with staff and began to damage property inside the business and shout at employees," Scottsdale police said in a statement to USA TODAY Sports. He was was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and criminal threats, both misdemeanor charges. He remained in custody Tuesday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/08/21/richie-incognito-arrested-funeral-home/1052288002/

The least surprising part of this is that Richie Incognito's dad lived in Scottsdale.

Archived